SAN IMAGINE

Dedicated to: SweetPotato417

she looked around with tears in her eyes

she looked around with tears in her eyes. her eyes were somewhat puffy and became heavier as she reminisced everything,the events blurry in her head from how swiftly they occured. she clutched her heart in one hand and her crashed ankle in the other. she couldn't figure out which one hurt the most.

but as her teary eyes landed on the debris that was scattered all over her once called house,she felt an immense pain filling her chest,whilst her bruised ankle was long forgotten by then. 

her gaze traveled around the apartment. everything was wrecked. a chaos was conquering the small town she was living in,not being able to handle another attack by the enemy. screams and indistinct words could be heard by its desperate residents. either screaming for help or praying to their god.

and she wanted to scream as well. she had to anyways,the pain in her ankle intensifying dramatically. opening her mouth and shutting her eyes tightly,a small whimper emerged and she felt her weak body abandoning her. a curse emitted from her lips,not knowing to whom she was referring to. 

maybe to the heartless enemies that left her with nothing. or maybe to her weak self that was blaming it for still being in that same spot they had left her.

either way she was damaged. 

as though waking up from her living nightmare,breathing coming in short pantings,her head slowly turned to look at her crashed ankle. large pieces of the brick wall had crashed onto it,making it numb and lifeless. 

mustering up all of her remaining courage,she took a weak hold of a part of wreckage and attempted to lift it up. the moment she picked it up,it almost immediately fell back again,her screams tearing apart her own ears.

is this what pain feels like?

''help!!''.

she surprised herself with her own scream,her arms flailing wildly,desperate to get out or merely get up,only for her body to collapse back down with a loud thud. she reached her hand out to grab onto the wooden,wrecked floor,crawling forward on her stomach seeming as the only solution at that moment. she felt her ankle close to paralyzing,heavily groaning at the pieces of wood that was sticking onto her blood-soaked skin. 

she let her body slump onto the ground,feeling like she wanted to give up everything. her hands turned into fists,the fingernails digging in her palm,the blood emerging from the already dilapidated skin feeling like any other part of her body. 

is this the end?

''anyone here??''.

she was probably hearing things again. maybe she was going crazy already.