HONGJOONG IMAGINE

Dedicated to: blink5821

"he's obviously flirting with you

"he's obviously flirting with you."

"no, he isn't!"

"yes, he is!!"

i roll my eyes at my overprotective best friend.

"san is just a friend. i promise you. i'm allowed to have other friends you know?", i fight back, crossing my arms in front of my chest, while waiting for him to open his locker. 

 his movements are abrupt and swift, packing his bag heavily for the weekend. "all i'm saying, is that there's a difference between being friendly and flirting.", he says, occasionally throwing glares at me. 

i sigh deeply and lean against a locker. "i don't understand where the problem is. besides, if he's really flirting with me, how come you hate it that much?"

he closes the locker with a loud bang. swallowing harshly and licking his dry lips, he then copies my posture. "i hate that guy."

"san?!", i voice out loudly. at that point, i'm wondering how can anyone hate this person. he's extremely kind and friendly. 

he gives a stern nod and walks away. 

"why? did he do something bad?", i ask, trying to catch up with his pace. my hands begin sweating from the anticipation, as i fix the strap of my bag.

his voice is harsh when he speaks. "do i have to have a reason? i just don't like him! i hate him."

"no, what you're feeling is jealousy, not hatred. there's a difference hongjoong."

he stops abruptly, his raised eyebrows and wide eyes apparent. "i'm NOT jealous!"

"yes you are! it's so obvious! do you like me or something?", i question absentmindedly.

he pauses for a second, freezing in sock in the middle of the hallway. it is thankfully empty, or else they would have trampled us down by then. i halt my movements and stare back, my hands sweating progressively. the awkward silence is evident. 

he regains his aura after a few seconds, sliding his hands inside the pockets of his jeans. he clicks his tongue and shakes his head. "i do not like you y/n. i've known you since we were six. you're like my baby sister.", he denies, ruffling my hair and walking away once again.

i groan at his gesture, fixing my messy hair and following him. "well you're acting like you do! if you don't, then stop acting that way. it's annoying. i can be friends with whoever i want."