SEONGHWA IMAGINE

Dedicated to: jaemjaeminnajaemin

the thought of marriage used to be a nightmare for me...

the devil in disguise. an angel with broken wings. a salvation that never really came.

the ring felt heavy on my fingers. the wedding gown was drenched in pitch black tar. the veil protected me from invasive gazes. or at least that's how i felt them on me. my father's more piercing that the others.

he wanted everything to be perfect that day. the food, the decoration, the invitations...

i sigh as i run my hands over the soft fabric of my creamy dress. it's not anything fancy, but it will have to do. it's not like my father will allow me to marry anybody else anyways. 

he arranged everything for me. the dress, the place, my makeup...even the man that will marry me in less than ten minutes. 

should i be mad? frustrated? furious? 

i was...just not anymore.

i hear a soft knock at the door.

not after i saw him.

he brings his head inside, the rest of his body still covered. "may i come in?", he asks softly.

not after i got to know him. love him...

"you're not supposed to see the bride yet silly." i sit up despite my words and smile.

he chuckles lightly and closes the door behind him. "i'm sorry." we both take a step closer. "i just couldn't wait to see you."

his soft gaze travels along my figure and smiles, more to himself. "you look beautiful.", he whispers and i can already feel his lips on mine after the exchanging vows. 

i can't help but admire him as well. how his black suit embraces his thin waist, yet manages to highlight every muscle on his body at the same time. his black hair is slicked back neatly, the heavy products not able to glisten under the light by how perfectly it is styled. his sparkling eyes however, overpower the expensive suit and the many popular products. 

he seems happy. maybe more happy than i am. and i wonder...how's that even possible...

he takes my chin in his hand, making me look right into his darker eyes. i guess i've been staring for more than enough.