HONGJOONG IMAGINE

Dedicated to: chicfreakxx

she holds the fork lazily between her fingers, playing around with the so-called food the school canteen provides daily. she looks around unwillingly, her puffy eyes traveling along the bustling room. she compares that noisy sight with the seats around her table and sighs heavily, dropping the fork carelessly against the wooden tray. 

the sound annoyes her, maybe even attracts a few stares here and there, yet she can't care less about that at the moment. the chattering students keep surrounding her figure, swallowing her up. but she can't do anything about that, can she?

the trail of her thoughts is far away from being narrow, as she tries her best to contain the tears in her eyes. she knows well how pathetic she looks, the pitiful stares piercing her presence, making it smaller.

she can barely feel her heart in her chest. its beating getting slower. her breathing heavier. she wants to scream. she wants someone to hear her out. yet, people are too immersed in their daily gossip. 

who would care about someone who just got their heart broken? in this suffocating room? in this suffocating world?

"hi..."

his voice is unsure. maybe because he notices that she's not okay. maybe because he's almost sure that this might not be the right time for him to show up. and when their gazes meet, he takes a step back. his confidence is below average. and he's a hundred percent sure now.

this girl is not okay...

his voice is even smaller when he speaks again, swallowing the huge lump in his throat. "can i sit with you?". she barely notices the slight gesture of his tray at the empty seat across her own, her gaze traveling to it. he continues. more confidently when he detects that reaction from her, even though it's slighter than a soft caress. "there are no other available seats.", he explains.

her stare lingers on the empty chair, forgetting about the male's existence. it's usually her friends the ones who will fill them, yet moments like this one make her regret the day she refused to join the cheerleading team. this conversation almost feels unreal. she misses them. yet, at the moment, she doesn't need someone in particular.

she needs anyone...

he anticipates any kind of reaction or reply, the hope in his eyes disappearing steadily. he wants to wait, yet his patience doesn't differ much from the almost vanished hope in his gaze. he looks down and nods understandingly. he mumbles a "that's alright, thank you" quietly and turns around to leave.