HONGJOONG IMAGINE

Member: Hongjoong

Genre: Vampire au

Dedicated towooyoungkilledmestan

Name: April

Next Imagine: Seonghwa

I want to thank eternalnamjoon and feelick for helping me with the plot<3.

The moon shone brighter than ever,to my eyes at least. It was the only thing that comforted me in these kind of moments. In these sleepless nights. Not the warmth of my bed,nor the silkiness of its sheets. Not even the intimacy between me and my cabin,in which I've stayed in for so many years now. 

Nothing seemed to draw away the wakefulness that has been suffocating me ever since I moved in. I,surely,am more than happy living by myself. However,I can't help but wonder what's the cause behind it.

Why am I not capable of sleeping peacefully? What's pulling me away from a restful slumber?

I didn't want to admit it to myself,but these worries and curiosities have already been answered.

Because...every single night...I feel a pair of eyes affixed to my body. 

I keep on giving birth to unreasonable excuses,such as insomnia,yet I already know that I'm merely fooling myself. 

Heavy breathing,whispering voices,incomprehensible words,rustling sounds,have become an inseparable part of my evenings. No matter how many times my eyes have been laid on each corner of my cabin,nervously searching,or the countless moments when I'd peek through the window for any unexpected visitors,I was met with the same irrational sight. Nothing. Complete stillness and darkness. Every single time,this sight came in contrast with the stifling sounds that surrounded my log cabin.

Everything feels inevitable at these moments. I feel as If I'm screaming at the top of my lungs in an isolated,empty room. Noone believes me. Noone wants to hear me out. They think I'm crazy. It's futile. I'm pounding with all the strength that's left in me at their doors but...how come they're not answering?

I know they're inside so...why?

Therefore,when I finally convinced myself that nobody will respond to my persistent calls,a getaway was all I needed. I just had to find the right one for me. Something that would harshly grasp the pains encompassing my petite figure and would throw them away as though they've never been near me. 

I gazed anew,upon the glowing moon. A content smile rested on my lips. The late night walks were my personal getaway,after all. Just me and the woods. Nothing else was needed. The moon kept me company,while the birds made sure to emphasize their presence through their chirping.

I sipped the serenity of the forest,which creeped its way all over my body,embracing me in a gentle hug. The light breeze caused the slight movement of the dry leaves under my feet. The satisfying sound of them stepping onto the dryness felt like a motherly lullaby in a cold winter night. 

I breathed in the natural scents until there was no space left in my weak body. 

This is what I need.

My blissful self holding onto its difficulties,just as if it is carrying light rose petals.

Author's POV