SEONGHWA IMAGINE

Dedicated to: yellowhwa

"i'm so glad that i'm here." he confesses with a bright smile.

"i am too." the female admits, her smile even wider than his.

he raises his glass proudly and licks his lips in thought. "to us." he reveals after a while.

she does the same. "to a successful wedding."

the clink of their glasses lingers in the air for a while, before the male finally speaks softly. "how are the preparations going?"

she gulps down the red wine, its strong aftertaste delaying her answer. she clears her throat gently and speaks. "oh everything is going rather lovely actually."

he smiles. "yeah?"

the female hums. "mother is pretty enthusiastic about it, but quite nervous as well. you know how she can get sometimes."

"oh she has no reason to be." he says, cutting a piece of the well cooked meat and feeding it to her.

"i know. that's what i say to her too!" she chews for a while, before she adds. "i mean, i am nervous too. the preparations are quite big after all. but she's just being a bit over the top sometimes."

he hesitates. "well...how big are they?"

"what?"

"the preparations."

"oh." she places the cutlery down. "well you know how it is. the wedding dress, hair and makeup, invitations, jewelry-"

"invitations? wh-what invitations? i thought we've sent everything already."

she furrows her eyebrows. "didn't mother tell you?"

he keeps staring in pure confusion, the cutlery in his hands starting to tremble vaguely.

"my childhood friends are coming too." her face lights up. "and we're thinking about inviting some of dad's friends as well since-"

"we? who's we?"

she stutters. "well...mother and i of course."

the male places his fork and knife down, clearing his throat evidently. he feels like he's losing his voice.

"Lexie...don't you think it's better if we discuss these things first? i mean with each other." he fumbles with his fingers.