WOOYOUNG IMAGINE

Dedicated to: jimins_everything

i gaze at my reflection in the mirror carefully, stepping closer to inspect my light makeup

i gaze at my reflection in the mirror carefully, stepping closer to inspect my light makeup. i normally don't wear any, yet the special occasion kind of forced me to. the pink shadow compliments my eye color, while the blush on my cheeks is a good cover for all the natural ones i'll definitely have throughout the date. i pick up my favorite lipstick from the counter and apply it gently on my lips, it's soft color creating a perfect harmony with the rest of my makeup.

i then look at my knee-length wide dress, caressing the knitted flowers on it gently. my ballet flats match with it, while the few accessories here and there add a hint of elegance on my look.

i wiggle my head from side to side, the loose ponytail dancing in the air. i've curled a few strands to make it cuter, yet the whole outfit emits that kind of vibe.

the doorbell rings and i flinch evidently, the ability to breath almost vanishing as i make my way downstairs. ny shoes hit the wooden floor and it is as though the sound intensifies when i get closer to the door. i take a deep breath, before opening it widely.

i almost stop breathing when i see him. he wears an all black outfit and his hair has gotten longer since the last time i saw him.

back then, my friend introduced me to him. he stood out among the many people surrounding him. not just because of his looks, but also of his intimacy and warmth. we had talked for hours, the conversation swallowing us both, yet now that i'm alone with him there are no reasonable thoughts inside my head nor normal beating inside my chest.

he stares back with round eyes and greets me with a warm smile. "hi y/n. you look..." he swallows. "...beautiful."

"you don't look so bad yourself." i tease and close the door behind me. the dimples on his cheeks make their first appearance.

"so where are we going?" i ask excitingly as we walk towards his car. 

he opens the door for me and whispers. "it's a surprise." a cheeky smile envelops his lips, eyes sparkling in anticipation.

during our ride, i didn't gather any further information about our first date, except that "i'll be left in complete awe." we talked about our days and listened to some music. he was a fun person to be around, a warm one to say the least. 

after a while, we arrive on a broad green hill. it faces the orangish sunset directly and a big tree rests on top of it. there's a picnic set lying under it. a rather large basket is placed on a red and white blanket, which i figure will be spread in a bit for us to eat peacefully. there are fairy lights around the blanket and hanging on the tree, that will be found convenient when the moon will conquer the now orangish with a hint of purple sky. but apart from the practical issues, it feels like i'm in a fairytale with a prince by my side.