HONGJOONG IMAGINE(part 2)

Dedicated to: kaonei, , KikiPapayongieaecheolsforehead

i'm surrounded by tall trees and rose bushes as i make my way towards my house. the path i'm taking every time after work is a long one, with the whole forest on display. there's a faster route a few miles away from there, yet i prefer to relax and find comfort in this enchanting scenery. 

the birds are chirping harmoniously, flying and roaming freely on the orangish sky and resting on the branches of a blossom tree when tired. there's a variety of them all over the place. from a pink cherry blossom to a black oak that is slowly turning red because of the chilly weather. 

leaves are falling around me, some of them eager to get independent and abandon their owner, while others taking their time on this short journey. their colors differ from each other, one still green from the summer while others turning red and adapting to the autumn weather, only to finally become one on the covered ground.

i pull my coat even closer and sigh, watching my breath spreading its wings in the freezing air. as i'm getting closer, i think about the warmth and intimacy that will encompass me once i arrive. i smile at the thought and get motivated, walking more swiftly than before. 

i leave the autumn landscape behind me with one last look of affection and continue walking on the long, straight road that's outspread ahead of me. 

after a few minutes, i'm met with the comforting sight of my house. rays of sunlight caress its wooden roof, while the door is slightly open. i hear giggles and sounds of complaints resonating through our backyard. even though i've gotten used to such a welcoming aura, i can't help but feel accepted and thankful each time.

our backyard is a garden full of small trees and colorful flowers. a big swing accompanies them and that's where i see hongjoong and bella playing around cheerfully. 

i admire them for a little while, hiding behind an orange tree. bella seems happier than ever, running around and putting flowers on hongjoong's head. he, on the other hand, appears unamused, his styled hair getting messier each time bella proudly adds a new, tiny flower. yet he stays still and lets her do whatever she wants. i pinch myself to see whether i'm dreaming or not. i feel genuinely happy...

"mommy!!" i hear bella squealing after discovering my figure behind the almost bare tree.

i crouch down and open my arms widely, accepting her small body in them. she showers my face with tiny kisses and my laughter echoes everywhere. my gaze lands on hongjoong who admires us from afar with the brightest smile on his face. bella grabs my hand and pulls me towards him, pointing wildly at his head. 

"mommy, look! look!!"

hongjoong's cheeks redden as we both stare at bella's flower crown. "don't look!!" he giggles and hides his face behind his hands. i remove them and peck his lips. "you look so pretty." i whisper.

bella giggles and gazes at the crown proudly. her eyes suddenly widen and her face brightens. "i'll make one for mommy too!!" she claps in excitement and sets me down beside hongjoong. she runs off happily to pick up more flowers from the different bushes and trees, leaving me and my husband in utter peace.