Chapter 15: Welcome to Beacon

Teams RWBY, JNPR, and Hawk were hanging out in the library. RWBY were playing the board game Remnant: The Game. Hawk, Ren and Pyrrha were reading books for class. Jaune was reading a comic book while Nora was snoring away on the table.

Ruby: "Hmm.... All right... All right! Yang Xiao Long, prepare your kingdom for battle!"

Yang: "Bring it on!"

Hawk sighed quietly and closed his book, sliding his chair beside Weiss and watched the upcoming carnage.

Ruby: "I deploy the Atlesian Air Fleet!"

Ruby slaps her card down on the table. Yang gives a playful look of shock.

Ruby: "Looks like I get to fly right over your Ursai and attack your walls directly!"

Yang: "You fiend!"

Ruby: "And since Atlas is part of Mantle, my repair time is only one turn."

Yang starts laughing, which confused Ruby. Hawk peaked over Weiss shoulder and started to whisper what the cards in her hand can do.

Yang: "Pretty sneaky, sis, but you just activated my trap card! Giant Nevermore! If I roll a seven or higher, fatal feathers will slice your fleet in two!"

Ruby: "But, if you roll a six or lower, the Nevermore will turn on your own forces!"

Yang: "That's just a chance I'm willing to take."

The dice were thrown and the two sisters watched intently. Yang had rolled an eight, and Ruby's eyes widened in horror as Yang grinned.

Ruby: "Nooooo!!! My fearless soldiers!"

Yang: "Eh, most of them were probably androids."

Ruby: "Goodbye my friends, you will be avenged."

Yang: "Not until I draw my rewards! Which are double this round thanks to the Mistral Trade Route!"

Ruby: "Bah!"

Yang: "Oh, and what's this? The Smugglers of Wind Path?"

Pyrrha cleared her throat and confiscates the comic book Jaune is reading, trading it for a textbook. Jaune glumly sighed and began to read the textbook, Pyrrha smiled and walked away while reading his comic book.

Ruby: "Bah! Bah, I say!"

Yang: "I say, it looks like I'm taking two cards in my hand!"

Hawk chuckles as Ruby slammed her head onto the table, nearly in tears.

Ruby: "Have you no heart?"

Yang: "Well, Weiss, it's your turn."

Weiss winked at Hawk and stood triumphantly.

Weiss: "Hahaha! Thanks to Hawk's amazing strategy, I will conquer you all!"

Yang raised an eyebrow at Hawk who rolled his eyes and whispered.

Hawk: "Power is corrupting her."

Weiss: "Now! I will play, uh, Desert Raider! And then it will...what does it do again?"

Hawk chuckled standing up beside her and whispers in her ear before sitting back down.

Weiss: "Ah yes! I will take Ruby's Air Fleet-

Ruby: "Nooo!"

Weiss: "-Then I shall declare my war against Yang! By activating my Sandstorm card to bury your troops alive! Fear the almighty power of my forces! Cower as they pillage your homes and weep as they take your children from your very arms!"