Chapter 7: Weekend Photoshoot

Hawk yawned and quietly as he sat in prof. Oobleck's class. It was a lecture about the history of Remnant itself, and the tale of how the Grimm and mankind have been fighting since the beginning. The story was interesting, and something Hawk would usually be more attentive in, but his mind was thinking to Pyrrha and what their plan after class. Not to mention it didn't help that professor Oobleck talked so fast that it could almost blur together.

Oobleck: "Mr. Branwen! Perhaps you could answer this question!"

Hawk jumped up in his seat as Oobleck zoomed up right in front of him and while taking another gulp from his thermos.

Oobleck: "As I was saying. The Grimm has been trouble for humanity and Faunus alike. While humanity was discovering dust crystals to be used, Faunus were dealing with another problem. What was that problem mr. Branwen?"

Hawk: "The Faunus were struggling to survive weren't they? I mean back then, mankind thought them more as wild animals than actual people. They were traded around like prizes and used as slaves."

Oobleck gave a satisfied nod and sipped his drink again before zooming back to the front of the class. Out of the corner of his eye, Hawk noticed Blake looking angry. Her eyes were narrowed and she was forming a fist on her knees. Hawk nudged her gently to get her attention silently asking if she was ok. She glared at him but her glare faded away almost immediately. Ever since Blake trusted him to keep her secret only a few days ago, she's been friendlier towards him. As well Blake has been able to rant to him when she needed to get her feelings off her chest.

Oobleck: "Correct! As horrible as it was. The Faunus as a species have always been treated horribly through the history of Remnant. Even in today's age the Faunus are forced to deal with racism and subjugation. That is why I insisted on being allowed to teach about the Faunus. So I can try to correct this old way of seeing them and teach the new generation that Faunus and Humanity can be equals."

Cardin Winchester, who was sitting two rows back from Hawk, snorted obnoxiously making Hawk internally cringe. Ever since day one of the semester Cardin has been trying to bully everyone below him. Mainly Jaune and every Faunus he sees.

Cardin: "Pff. Like he expects me to respect a filthy animal."

He muttered to his teammates, causing a bunch of snickering that made Hawk's eye twitch in irritation. Hawk looked over his shoulder and glared at Cardin.

Hawk: "The only 'filthy animal' I see is you Winchester."

Cardin jumped up in his seat and glared back at Hawk, slamming a fist on his desk.

Cardin: "You wanna say that again Branwen? You compare me to one of them again and I'll destroy you!"

Hawk laughed off the threat and motioned towards Cardin to "bring it". Carson's eyes widened then narrowed and he braced himself like he was about to jump at Hawk. But prof. Oobleck showed up and grabbed Cardin by the back of his shirt.

Oobleck: "Detention! I expect to see you in this classroom on Saturday at 9 am sharp mr. Winchester! Now sit back down or else you'll be serving two days of detention."

Oobleck let go of his shirt and zoomed away again, leaving Cardin looking more angry than before as he slumped back into his seat. Hawk smirked and looked forward and yelped in surprise. Prof. Oobleck was leaning towards him across the desk, looking at him over the brim of his glasses.

Oobleck: "Make no mistake mr. Branwen. I'm only giving you this warning. Please do not antagonize a fight in my class again or else."

Hawk nodded quickly, and then prof. Oobleck stood straight before addressing the class.