Chapter 59: Welcome to Argus

The city of Argus. Hawk stared at the approaching walls as Yang drove them towards it. Weiss kept her head on his shoulder as she couldn't stop from looking down at the ring on her finger every five minutes. Ruby had sent a message to Jaune telling him that they were nearly at the city, and Jaune had replied that they would meet them at the gates.

The moment they arrived, Yang had rented a garage to stow her bike inside and then imputed the code to lock the door. As they walked towards the entrance that was crowded with people, they couldn't help but admire their surroundings. Suddenly, they heard a very familiar voice yell at them... more specifically at Oscar.

Nora: "Cute! Boy! OZ!!!"

Oscar glanced in confusion only to get tackle hugged by Nora, knocking him off his feet as with a cry of shock. Nora giggled at his reaction as she held onto him while the everyone watched them with amusement. Quickly after Nora, Ren and Jaune ran up to them with smiles of relief.

Ren: "Are you all okay?"

Yang smiled and walked up to Ren giving him a hug as Blake did similar with Jaune.

Jaune: "We were so worried!"

Yang: "It's been kind of a crazy trip."

Weiss: "That's an understatement."

Nora sat up when she spotted Maria walking beside Qrow.

Nora: "Wait, who's the old lady?"

Hawk: "Nora, meet Maria Calavera. A retired huntress who helped us after the crash. But we can explain that later."

Nora jumped to her feet and hugged onto Hawk.

Nora: "It's so good to see you all again!"

Weiss shook her head with a smile as she watched Nora practically crush Hawk with a hug. Blake had walked over to Ren, giving him a hug as Yang let go.

Blake: "I'm so glad you're all safe."

Nora: "Ah! You're gonna love this place! Wait, Weiss! Is that what I think it is?!"

Ren: "Nora?"

Nora squealed as she took ahold of Weiss' hand, closely examining the ring on her finger. She glared at Hawk, who raised his eyebrow in confusion.

Nora: "You PROPOSED?! AND I WASN'T THERE!!!"

Ren walked over to see the ring, smiling as he walked up and placed his hand on Hawk's shoulder while shaking his hand.

Ren: "Congratulations Hawk."

Hawk: "Thanks Ren. It was the spur of the moment Nora. But I can go into details with you guys."

Jaune chuckled listening to everyone as he walked up to hug Ruby. As they separated, Jaune's smile faded slightly as he showed how worried he really was. Ruby smiled and placed a hand on his arm.

Ruby: "Hey. I promised, didn't I?"

Jaune: "Yeah, you did. It's good to see you guys."

Jaune wiped his eyes from the building up tears as he looked to the others.

Jaune: "We better get going. We have a lot to show and tell you guys."

Jaune led the group into the city. The group gasped as they saw the city for the first time. Jaune led them to the city trolley so they could see more of the city and reach their destination.

Yang: "It's a lot bigger than I thought it'd be."

Ren: "It's actually one of the largest non-capital cities in all of Remnant."