Chapter 31: Destiny

Ironwood stood in front of team RWBY, his expression cold and strict. They were inside RWBY's dorm room, with two Atlas androids positioned outside to make sure nobody came in or out without Ironwood's permission.

Ruby, Weiss, and Blake watched Yang with worry as Yang looked ready to break apart. After Yang had told her version of what happened, Ironwood refused to believe her. He kept telling her to tell the truth, until finally he had enough.

Ironwood: "I'm sorry, but you've left us with no choice."

Yang: "But he attacked me!"

Ironwood: "Video footage and millions of viewers say otherwise."

Weiss: "But Yang would never do that!"

Ruby: "Yeah!"

Ironwood had been pacing back in forth for a short time, then he looked towards Yang as she was holding her head in her hands.

Ironwood: "You all seem like good students, and the staff here at Beacon are fully aware that you would never lash out the way you did... under normal circumstances. What I believe and hope this to be is nothing more than the result of stress and adrenaline. When you're out on the battlefield, your judgment can become clouded in an instant. Sometimes you see things that simply aren't there. Even after the fight is past..."

Yang: "But I wasn't-"

Ironwood: "That's ENOUGH!!"

The four girls were shocked into silence. Ironwood stood there clearly losing what little patience he had left. He took a breath before continuing.

Ironwood: "The sad truth is, whether it was an accident or an assault, it doesn't matter. The world saw you attack an innocent student. They've already drawn their own conclusions. And it's my job to inform you that... you are disqualified."

Then, the sound of metal breaking apart was heard from the other side of the door. Ironwood and the girls looked at the door surprised, and that surprise only grew when the sound of heavy knocking was heard. Ironwood pulled out his pistol and slowly walked to the door, taking the handle and throwing the door open and held his gun at the ready. To his surprise, he was thrown to the side and pinned against the wall by a thick sheet of ice.

Hawk was standing in the doorway, his eyes burning orange as he held the general against the wall.

RWBY: "HAWK?!"

Ironwood: "What is the meaning of this?!"

Hawk: "Two things general. You pulled a gun on me, and I took you down like I was trained to. Secondly, you yelled at my family. That only made me mad. Now take your scrap and get out."

The ice evaporated letting the general down. He glared at Hawk who matched it. Ironwood put his gun away and stormed out of the room, slamming the door behind him.

Weiss: "Hawk!! Are you ok? You should be in the hospital!"

Weiss ran and grabbed him, the two hugging briefly before Hawk moved towards Yang.

Hawk: "I'll live. I saw what happened and came as quickly as I could. This is where I need to be right now."

Hawk sat beside Yang and pulled her into a tight hug, Yang clinging to him.

Yang: "I'm so glad your safe cuz."

Hawk: "The feeling is mutual. How you holding up?"

Yang pulled away and looking to the ground, which silently gave Hawk his answer. Yang glanced at the others in the room.

Yang: "You guys believe me, right?"

Ruby: "Duh!"

Weiss: "You're hotheaded, but not ruthless."