Chapter 27: Brawl in the Family

Weiss was literally dragging Hawk and Ruby by their arms all the way from the colosseum, through the courtyard, to the docking bay just as the Atlesian ship docked.

Ruby: "Weiss! What's the big deal?! Who is it? Who is she?!"

Weiss: "Winter!"

Winter Schnee debarked from the ship, keeping her chin up as she walked with authority. Then Atlas androids marched out and took their positions behind Winter.

Ruby: "Wait... your sister or Hawk's?"

Weiss: "Mine you dunce! Winter over here!"

Winter paused mid-step to look over as Weiss came running over and stood in front of Winter. Hawk and Ruby stood on either side of Weiss.

Weiss: "Winter! I'm so happy to see you! Oh... your presence honours us."

With that, Weiss curtsies. Hawk raised an eyebrow at the sudden change but stayed quiet. This was the first time Hawk ever got to meet Winter, and the strict aura she gave off reminded him of Raven in a way.

Winter scanned the area slowly, before focusing back on Weiss.

Winter: "Beacon... It's been a long time. The air feels... different."

Ruby: "I mean it is fall, so, eh, it's probably colder."

Hawk snorts trying to contain his laugh. Weiss instantly elbowed the two of them in the side.

Weiss: "So, what are you doing here?"

Winter: "Classified."

Weiss: "Oh, right. Well, how long are you staying?"

Winter: "Classified."

Weiss: "Of course."

The silence starts becoming more awkward as Hawk and Ruby glance at each other.

Hawk: "Well then... Good talk."

Weiss doesn't pay much attention to him as she starts excitedly rambling to Winter.

Weiss: "You're going to love it here! I know you travel a lot, but so much of Beacon is different from Atlas! Vale, too. The government and school are completely separate! Can you believe it!? I-"

Winter: "I'm more than familiar with how this kingdom handles its... bureaucracy. That is not why I came."

Weiss: "Right! I'm sorry!"

Winter: "Nor did I come here to watch my own blood fail so miserably in battle. But it appears that I have no choice in the matter."

Weiss gives a puzzled look to her sister, mirroring the looks that both Hawk and Ruby had as well.

Weiss: "But, we won!"

Winter: "Only a novice would refer to that as a victory. I counted at least three strikes missed."

Hawk: "Wow. Aren't you being overly harsh?"

Winter stared at him coldly before looking at her security androids.

Winter: "Leave us."

The androids took two steps backwards from the group. Winter lets out a small sigh before smiling at Weiss more warmly than before.

Winter: "How have you been?"

Weiss: "Oh, splendid! Thank you for asking. I'm actually in the very top ranking of our sparring class! And the rest of my studies are going wonderfully, too! I'm-"