Chapter 64: Our Way

Hawk: "Guys... anyone have a plan?"

Nobody responded as the group watched the Leviathan Grimm leading a small army towards the city of Argus. Airships were attempting to combat the army, but wasn't making any progress. The leviathan dove under the water, swimming towards city. Hawk glanced over at the airship as military communications continued to play through the airship's radio.

Air Control: "All units, be advised: Leviathan-class Grimm has submerged but is still on approach. Preparing hard-light shields, over!"

Manta 2-2: "We're getting slammed by hostiles out here! Where is Cordovin?!"

Cordovin's mech continued to fight to move, struggling in vain to lift the broken cannon.

Cordovin: "This is your fault! Do you hear me?!"

Hawk looked away from the mech, staring towards the fight over the ocean. He chewed the inside of his cheek as he tried to come up with a plan to help them. Then, the group heard footsteps running towards them. They glanced over to see Yang and Blake run out from the forest.

Yang: "Ruby!"

Ruby: "Yang! Blake! Are you okay?"

Blake: "What happened?"

Ruby was about to answer when the Leviathan let loose a loud roar. Yang and Blake jumped as they glanced over to where the roar came from.

Yang: "Was that a giant Grimm?"

Weiss: "Yes... and we just ruined the only thing capable of stopping it..."

Weiss motioned over to Cordovin's mech. Yang and Blake exchanged worried looks as Hawk closed his eyes while being in deep thought.

Cordovin: "This is your fault!! YOUR FAULT!!! This is... your fault..."

The group quickly boarded the airship, flying away from Cordovin. Yang and Blake took a seat as Ruby looked at them worried. Hawk stood by the door, keeping his attention on the fight.

Blake: "I'm so sorry..."

Yang: "Don't be. This isn't on you."

Blake: "But-"

Ruby kneeled down so she could look Blake in the eye, smiling as she placed her hands on top of Blake's hands.

Ruby: "You're safe, that's all that matters."

Blake gave a small smile as Ruby pulled her into a gentle hug as Yang watched them. The three looked over to Hawk.

Blake: "Hawk... thank you."

Hawk: "You're welcome. I'm just sorry you had to deal with that for so long."

Maria had been listening from the pilot seat. Maria glanced over to Qrow, sitting in the copilot chair, and they both had similar thoughts as they considered their options.

Maria: "I suppose I have to be the bad guy and say it, getting the lamp to Atlas is still our top priority, and right now we have the perfect opportunity to head straight for it. We may not get another chance like this."

Yang: "No way!"

Weiss: "We can't leave, not like this."

Blake: "It's like you said, a Huntress is supposed to protect others to the bitter end."

Maria glanced over her shoulder to look at Ruby. Ruby gave a shrug with a smile, silently agreeing with her team. Maria smirked as she looked forward again.

Ruby: "We need to head for the Leviathan. Jaune, can you and Ren be ready to mask our ship?"

Ren: "I think we can manage."