Chapter 35: End of the Beginning

Transports were sitting at the docks of Beacon as students and civilians were being evacuated from the area. Professor Port and Doctor Oobleck were overseeing the evacuation.

Port: "That's it! Everybody on board! This is a mandatory evacuation!"

Oobleck: "A safe zone has been established in Vale! Please, remain calm and listen to Atlas personnel!"

Weiss stood there covering her mouth with her hands, trying to comprehend what she is seeing. Zwei suddenly barks and Weiss turns to see Ruby coming towards them.

Weiss: "Ruby!"

Ruby: "Oh, I found you!"

Weiss: "Ruby, where have you-"

Ruby: "Don't worry, I'm fine! What's going on?"

Weiss bites her lip, looking down. Ruby starts to get more worried as she tries to meet Weiss' gaze.

Ruby: "Weiss? What is it?"

Staying silent, Weiss steps to the side so Ruby can clearly see Blake and Yang. The two were laying on the ground wrapped in bandages. In Weiss' hand, Ruby noticed how she was holding a bloodied piece of cloth. Ruby instantly recognized it from Hawk's jacket, and stared at Weiss in horror. Without looking at Ruby, she already knew what was going to be asked.

Weiss: "I don't know... I haven't been able to contact him."

Ruby glanced back at her fallen teammates, as well as seeing Ren and Nora who were sitting down in extreme pain. Blake was in tears as she held onto Yang's hand.

Blake: "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry!"

Ruby opened her mouth to say something, but no words would come out. Sun walked up to her and placed a hand on her shoulder.

Sun: "Hey... She's gonna be okay. Hawk did some quick first aid when it happened, and managed to stop the bleeding before it was severe. The soldiers have a ship ready to take you guys to Vale."

Nora: "But Jaune, Hawk, and Pyrrha are still missing!"

Nora struggled to stand by using her hammer as a supporter, but she groaned in pain and fell back down while holding her side.

Ruby: "What?!"

Sun: "Look, guys, that giant Grimm is circling the school! Even the White Fang are pulling out! We all have to go, now!"

Ren: "We're not... leaving!"

Ren slowly stands back to his feet, but winces in pain as he falls back down to his knees. Ruby looked amongst them before giving a stern look.

Ruby: "I'll find them... I'll find them, and I'll bring them back."

Weiss: "No! We will find them. Watch after Blake and Yang. We'll be back."

Ren and Nora give the two looks of gratitude as they run back towards Beacon Academy, leaving Sun to watch them go.

Sun: "You better be! Idiots."

Hawk cut through an Ursa, breathing heavily as he leaned against a wall. He couldn't risk flying this long distance with that damn Wyvern and Nevermores flying around in the sky, as well as the Griffons.

Hawk took a second to rub the sweat out of his eyes before rounding the corner, to see the tower. And just outside of it stood Pyrrha and Jaune. Jaune had his scroll out trying to get into contact with someone.

Hawk: "Guys! Are you ok?!"

They turned and smiled in relief as Hawk made his way to them. The three shared a quick hug, before there was a loud explosion. Suddenly, the three saw Cinder flying up the elevator shaft.