Chapter 3: The Initiation part:1

Thank you everyone for reading my first few chapters! Means a lot. I'm going to start using italic when Hawk is speaking to his sisters to make it easier to read in case people have trouble.

Now on to the next chapter!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hawk tossed and turned in his sleep before bolting up wide eyed and covered in sweat. He took a shaky breath trying to calm himself down without waking up Ruby who was still sleeping beside him. He sighed quietly before noticing the buildup of ice by his hands. Hawk closed his eyes and focused his semblance, making the ice disappear. He got up from his bed and started pulling on his outfit, deciding that he wouldn't be getting anymore sleep.

???: "And I thought I was the only one who wakes up early." A cheerful voice came from from behind Hawk. He looked over his shoulder and saw an orange haired girl sitting on her bedding beside a guy with black hair with a pink strip who was still sound asleep. Deciding that he had nothing else to do, he walked over.

Hawk: "Hey. Name's Hawk Branwen." He said holding out his hand, which she shook smiling.

Nora: "Nora Valkyrie. Nice to meet you! And this here is Lie Ren, but you can just call him Ren." Hawk chuckled nodding.

Hawk: "Nice to meet the two of you. So why are you awake so early?"

Nora: "Oh this is when I always wake up! I just wait until later before I wake up Ren." Hawk raised an eyebrow but chuckled nodding.

Hawk: "It was nice meeting you two Nora, but I don't think I can sit around until everyone wakes up. I'm going to go walk around for a bit before initiation. See you there." He said waving as he stood up and left the auditorium.

Hawk walked through the empty halls of Beacon, imagining what it will be like when classes begin.

Winter: "Morning Hawk. What are you doing?" Her voice echoed in his mind as he peeked into a classroom.

Hawk: "Morning Winter. Just getting a 'feel of the land' as pops says. I don't want to get lost my first day." He said before turning the corner and walked into someone, knocking Hawk backwards.

Ozpin: "Good morning Mr. Branwen. What are you doing awake so early? Initiation doesn't start for at least another two hours." Ozpin asked as he helped Hawk up from the ground. Hawk's eyes widened and quickly changed to brown.

Hawk: "Uh, morning professor. I didn't sleep well. So I decided to tour the halls." He explained as Ozpin smiled.

Ozpin: "No harm done. If I might say, your eyes changed colour. Brown meaning you're worried, correct?" He asked taking a sip of his coffee. Hawk blinked a couple of times as he stood surprised.

Hawk: "Uh...Yeah. How did you know?" He asked.

Ozpin: "Qrow has talked about you often in between his missions. I was intrigued by the idea of your eyes reflecting certain emotions. Care for a cup of coffee? I was on my way to get a fresh cup." He said motioning over Hawk's shoulder, pointing in the direction of the cafeteria.

Hawk: "Uh, sure. Might as well." He said calming down enough that his eyes returned to their natural colour.

Cafeteria

To say Hawk was feeling awkward would be an understatement. He went from simply taking a walk to having a cup of coffee with the headmaster himself! Hawk looked into his cup while stirring absentmindedly.

Ozpin: "Something is troubling you Mr. Branwen. Do you wish to share?" He asked shaking Hawk out of his thoughts and looked up. Ozpin sat there with a knowing look while drinking his coffee.