Prologue

Alexander

Wednesday, 1st April 1925

Dear Diary,

I just received this diary from papa. But I doubt anyone knows anything about who I am, more like my true personality and true self. So, let me introduce myself...

I am Prince Alexander Christian Richard Victor Windsor, the firstborn son of Prince Albert, Duke of York and the first grandchild of King George V. My birthday is 18th April. My favourite colour is navy blue, and one of my hobbies includes debate in both history and politics.

Now, Diary, you must be wondering: what is the whole point of a member of the House of Windsor writing in a diary? It is to write what I truly feel, and current events that come or... anything regarding me in the matter.

One day into April and I'm wondering what I will receive for my birthday that is seventeen days away. Books or something of the latter, considering I'm quite... Predictable. I do hope it is politics related... or something relating to history. Those two things interest me the most, as linguistics isn't far behind. Yet I do believe that I have a knack for politics, history and linguistics? But that comment is based on observations made by my family and I believe, a couple of doctors too.

Thursday, 2nd April 1925

Dear Diary,

How rude of me not to sign off from yesterday's entry. Several pranks were going on in Kensington Palace, considering it was April Fool's Day yesterday, alongside some private classes. I forgot about my diary. Anyway, I met two people: Douglas Everleigh and Hugo Rochegny. Douglas is very interesting, but Hugo is a prodigy, like me, considering prodigies are quite... rare.

But... It is currently 7 in the morning and I won't be called for breakfast for another half an hour. I had been up for forty-five minutes when I had this wonderful eureka moment. What if I create a military branch, or organization inspired by MI5 and MI6, but goes above and beyond that the normal and typical espionage rules and games? Of course, I have to think of some basic things, such as name, location, and financial support. I'll be right back, Diary.

Hello again,

I had breakfast and I did plan for the organization. It is now 10 in the morning. It is the following: 

Name: Regius Obligatus (Latin for Royal Obligation)

Motto: Dulce et decorum est pro Patria Mori (it is sweet and fitting to die for your country)

*Unofficial motto: Ad honourem et ad victorem (For honour and for victory)

Financial support: undecided

Branches (continents): Europe, the Americas, Asia and Oceania, and the Middle East

⇒ Nations of Europe:

→ UK (HQ)

→ France

→ Germany

→ USSR

→ Need seven more nations

⇒ Nations of the Americas:

→ US

→ Need four more nations (maybe more than four?)

⇒ Nations of Asia and Oceania:

→ China

→ Need five more nations (maybe more than five?)

⇒ Nations of the Middle East:

→ Turkey