XCVIII

Throughout January, Hugo and Sophia seem to be getting closer, as Antony and Colette too, seems to be getting closer, although all of them are just exploring unexplored territory after several years of friendship, unlike Alexander and his very complicated relationship with Isabelle.

Denial, and all, had eluded our dear friend, Alexander. Only a handful of people knew of his true feelings for her, including those who do observe the friendship between Alexander and Isabelle from afar. Those who knew Alexander's true feelings for Isabelle is questioning themselves to why Alexander didn't propose to her yet.

But, there was a turn of tides. News has reached across Europe, and it will shock Alexander the most. Isabelle is now courting with Philippe, Duke of Normandy. Philippe here has a very important person in terms of his role in the future. After this news, Alexander threw himself back into work, as he did before three years prior with the late King George V's death. Clearly, Alexander is emotionally pained - and angered at himself too - and as Hugo had said a couple of months ago, it hurts for Alexander to love Isabelle. Talk about some chemistry, right?

Anyway, throughout January for Alexander, to say the least was filled with work, more work, that comes alongside a load of paperwork and Royal engagements. His workaholic nature was resurfaced again. Several people tried to talk to him about the courtship, but he dismissed it. Hugo and Alexander are now best friends again, after making amendments and after Hugo found out Alexander's workaholic nature resurfaced, resulting in Hugo being worried.

Next month - February of 1939 - will bring some surprises to both Alexander and the world. Who would have foreseen what the next month brings as war is ever closer and Alexander is running out time? Little did the world knows, war is just right around the corner, as Regius Obligatus is now anticipating the start of the war with baited breath, readying and bracing themselves.