XCIV. Colette

Saturday, 27th August 1938

Dear Diary,

Throughout July and August, Isabelle and I would have many conversations that range from a variety of topics, where a number are related to Alexander, of course. I would write letters to both Hugo and Alexander in regards to their life in England. I happened to learn a lot too. Alexander, on one hand, rants on and on his letters about how Hitler and Nazi Germany is brewing the second war in Europe, and the fact that only a small number of people believes the fact that war is brewing. After reading his rants, I have done a lot of reflecting, and of course, digging up old newspapers in the process too. I think I have become something like a detective. When Alexander heard what I was doing, I was offered a job to work at Regius Obligatus. I have a lot of questions, of course, he told me to ask King Francois I if I have any questions. I was surprised, after all, that there are a lot of things going on with Regius Obligatus.

But, I do see the point of it, of course. After being explained to what Regius Obligatus is by the King, I understood why Alexander set it up. After all, Regius Obligatus had raised a red flag concerning Hitler and Nazi Germany since 1933, where the world would brush this notion of paranoia off because where's the evidence if a boy - let alone a Prince - had raised an important red flag in regards to Hitler? 'Shouldn't royalty have no interference in politics, as laid out in the foundations of the English Constitution and the Constitutional Monarchy?' the world asked. I was even more surprised when I learnt that Regius Obligatus was a fairly young organisation, compared to other espionage organisations like MI5 and MI6. But, the amount of work that had been done under Alexander for the last thirteen years shows how much Alexander was very adamant and determined to set it up. I'm not sure when the war will begin, now that I am in the loop with everything in Regius Obligatus.

Before I go... I heard Alexander wants me to join a small council of sorts, that includes Hugo, Mr Winston Churchill and King Francios I in regards to a very serious issue. I don't know what it is about but Alexander will send me a letter tomorrow about it.

-Colette