XXXII

Throughout the month of touring France (from mid-June to mid-July) alongside Douglas and Hugo, Alexander learned a great deal in terms of exposing himself to the French culture. Which was a wonder, in terms of how he embraced the French culture and speaking in French, which impressed the French people, never expecting a foreign Royal to speak their language? Both Douglas and Hugo also had the opportunity to see for the first time how Regius Obligatus was dwelling in France, and they were, to say, impressed. Alexander tries to find the problems, the cracks and the mistakes, yet, he couldn't find anything that's at fault.

Meanwhile, back home in London, Antony lived a normal Royal life, compared to his elder brother, the more ambitious one of the younger generation of Windsors. Antony and Alexander are opposite on the personality spectrum, considering Alexander is more outgoing compared to Antony's shy and quiet nature. Although they may be different in nature, several aspects are shared between the two boys. Talking about siblings, Isabelle's younger sister, Sophia, like Antony and Alexander, is completely different from her elder sister. Many similarities can be drawn between the four siblings. One might think they're closely related or even siblings.

Despite everything that's happening at home and abroad when Alexander, alongside Hugo and Douglas, arrive at Heathrow Airport, after the first successful Royal Engagement in France for Alexander, the first of many, Alexander seems to be enjoying a normal childhood with the freedom that allows him to attend school and have an education, one that expands his curiosity and knowledge and the other, expanding his royal duties, responsibilities and knowledge. Like Isabelle, both don't have the title of 'Heir Apparent' insight, hence allowing them to have this freedom, yet, for Alexander, this spare time was filled up with military training (RAF and Royal Navy [he somehow joined the Navy, wanting to explores the seas]), concentrating on Regius Obligatus and his academic life.

The trio arrived at Kensington Palace, greeted by Alexander's siblings and parents, who were thrilled to receive gifts that he had brought with him.

"Right, lads, let's get to Headquarters, shall we? I expect there'll be a load of paperwork on my desk, waiting for me," Alexander said - quite happily which scares them a bit - as he made his way to the entrance of the Palace, with Hugo and Douglas following. Albert - Alexander's father - rolled his eyes before leaving.

When the trio arrived, agents greeted them, bombarding them about their journey to France.

"Alright, people, back to work. We have a nation to protect," Alexander ordered when they arrived at Alexander's office. They entered, and what they found was true to what Alexander had said earlier: a load of paperwork. Alexander walked to his chair before collapsing on it, as Douglas walked to the cabinet to make himself a drink and Hugo just collapsed on the couch.

"Mentally, that tour was great, but physically..." Alexander wondered out loud, trying to find the right words to describe the experience.

"Tiring?" Douglas offered and Alexander clicked his fingers and pointed at him.

"Yes," Alexander said, "that's the word, but I was thinking of something else. Exhausting. That's the word."

The rest of the day was spent for these three lads to catch up with their paperwork, with the occasional disruptions from the outside world, as they scribbled away until late that night.

Meanwhile, Sophia and Isabelle would be in a debate, in French about history, with the occasional use of English. There were, of course, breaks in between for lunch and other activities that they have on their schedule. It was later that night that they finally gave the debate a break for good when they went to sleep.

Friday, 16th August 1929. The senior leadership team decided to use the Royal train to escort them to Oxford, sd oyfor Alexander's sake, he wishes to draw the landscape. Alexander managed to draw a bunch of drawings, in black and white and he was putting it into a binder when the train arrived at a station in Oxford. It wasn't long before they got into the cars, and headed off to their apartments.

They settled back into their apartments and headed off to their respective apartments and respective beds after having a shower. The four of them headed off to bed, just plain exhausted. Yet, Alexander had decided to stay up a bit more before getting some sleep, trying to get back into the mindset of his academic life. Throughout the rest of August, and September of 1929, more all-nighters from Alexander (choosing to do it on the weekends instead of in the weekdays after some threats from the senior leadership team, with some from Isabelle), school assignments and projects, alongside maintaining Regius Obligatus, with discussions of the next year's plans.