LXXIX. Alexander

Tuesday, 14th April 1936

I would be at Buckingham Palace and everyone would already be at the dining hall, ready to start the Banquet but they were waiting for me. Earlier today, I did get to meet Princess Charlotte, and of course, I gave her a tour of Buckingham Palace and Kensington Palace. I must say that she is very beautiful, but, alas, I am not attracted to her. Note the disappointment. It's something that is just off about her that I can't quite place. Douglas found me in an empty office that I am currently using as a hideout, staking out there... just wanting to hide out a tad bit longer. How he found me is a mystery and it just baffles me how he found me.

"Alexander, I thought you would be in the dining hall by now..." Douglas told me with worry. I rolled my eyes as I would be rearranging and arranging some of my medals on my official Royal Navy uniform. Why I chose it is a mystery to me, again.

"You're stalling," He continued, after observing me for a moment.

"Yes, I am. There's no denying it. I don't even like her, let alone love her!" I stated, my voice laced with annoyance, "Sure, she is attractive and all but... My heart belongs to Isabelle!"

"I know that. Even your father and Winston think it's a shit show, this whole business of arranging a marriage between you and Charlotte. It's not logical, nor it is beneficial to Britain especially," Douglas told me, knowing that I need agreements from people besides myself. I nodded, looking out of the window in despair.

"But anyhow, I have secured seats for you, Hugo and Emily. So, make sure that you three would know the Swedes," I said, before clearing my throat and making my way to the dining hall, with Douglas following me. I walked in and bowed to my uncle.

"I apologise for my tardy, Uncle, but alas, you must forgive me. I had lost track of time while I was doing my paperwork. I hope you understand," I told him, who nodded, clearly a lie. Not that he knows it.

"Of course, Alexander. I am just glad that you can make it here," Uncle told me, and bloody hell (I am not swearing, mind you), he did believe that lie. I glanced at Douglas, who nodded before the both of us made it to our respective seats.

I looked at Charlotte and smiled, dying on the inside, thinking 'God, please do save me from this treachery.'

"You don't have to pretend anymore, Alexander. I know that you have no feelings for me, and I do too," Charlotte told me, "So you can drop the act."

I looked amused, with an eyebrow raised.

"Alright, then who do you have your eyes set on?" I asked, voice falter for a second.

"The Prince of Norway," She replied and I laughed quietly.

"Well, let's say our respective monarchs don't think that way," I stated, and she nodded, smiling, "Who do you think I have my eyes set on?"

"It's obvious, Alexander, you are drooling all over Isabelle," Charlotte replied, and I scoffed, almost choking on my own food, eyes widening slightly.

"No, I am not," I replied, "I just really care for her, that's all. We're best friends."

"Hm..." Charlotte replied, looking amused, surely not believing that at all.

"Anyway, let's keep up this act... Let the whole world think that we are... courting," I told her, who nodded - agreeing to what I am saying. Throughout the night, we would both get to know more about one another, if possible. I also explained my medals to Charlotte. My medals are (in this following order):

Companion of the Order of the Bath Commander of the Royal Victorian Order Commander of the British Empire Officer of the British Empire (Military Division) Member of the British Empire (Military Division)

Monday, 20th April 1936

Dear Diary,

Today was the day that I was being deployed to Palestine. As a member of the RAF, I had flown with my squadron to Palestine. In terms of my love life... I have stopped all communications with Isabelle, on purpose, meanwhile, just writing letters to Charlotte. On Isabelle's birthday, I sent her a book and a note, explaining that our friendship has come to an end, meanwhile sending a telegram to her maternal Grandfather - King Francois I - that the relationship I have right now with Charlotte is just a bluff. I must turn myself over to sleep now, as I will have an early day tomorrow.

-Alexander