LXXXVIII. Emily

Friday, 21st August 1937

Dear Diary,

Throughout the summer, Hugo, Douglas and I would receive daily reports from Palestine about Alexander's routines and whatnot there. We would update the King and Alexander's siblings of his routines there. Meanwhile, I would be receiving several letters from Isabelle. I wonder why she would be contacting me instead of Hugo and Alexander. But, when reading after a few letters as I correspond with her, it became more evident it was a girl problem and the fact that she needs an outside opinion means something. I would help her solve whatever she needs help with, and I hope that the girl problem was solved.

When Alexander went to Palestine, Hugo, Douglas and I divided up our schedule in order to take care of his pets, primarily Albert, Archer, Athena, Benedict, and Mary, now that they're older. Elizabeth, like her elder brother, has taken great interest in dogs, especially corgis. Observing the Royal siblings there seems to be several differences and similarities between them. Elizabeth and Alexander are quite similar, in terms of their personality, and demeanour. Meanwhile, Antony and Margaret are quite similar, again with their personality and demeanour. No surprise there when Alexander and Elizabeth are quite the mature siblings that they are out of the four of them.

In regard to me and Douglas, let's just say the both of us are dating but not officially dating, so to speak. We're both coming to terms about it, unlike two people that we both know. Anyway, it is interesting to see how everything will work out for both of us. According to Douglas, as Alexander's Private Secretary, he sent the papers in a protective case that will be travelled to Palestine, and it returns later that day, as Alexander and Douglas have created a system in which they used Regius Obligatus to their advantage. Incredible, I must say. But then again, this is Alexander we're talking about.

-Emily