LXXXVI

Throughout March and April, Alexander would be in Palestine, serving and carrying out his duty to serve. Hugo, on the other hand, would be in London, working as the acting Director-General as Alexander was incapable of making certain decisions while he was gunned down by the enemy fire.

Since December of 1936, Hitler and Nazi Germany have 'seemingly' gone quiet, metaphorically speaking. The prospect of war has been looming over Regius Obligatus ever since 1933, and the calls and tide of war have only ever been growing throughout the years, as it just waxes and wanes, pulling and pushing the world into a void of war, as the world keeps pushing the tide of war aside as something... of non-importance. Certain extra measures were taken, for the sake of everything, and of course, national security.

The Inner War has slowly been evolving. King George VI knew nothing of this plan, and if he ever caught wind of it, he would forbid Alexander to carry it out. The risk that Alexander would take to go past the enemy lines and to penetrate the highest levels of Hitler's government was immensely huge, but it was a sacrifice that he was willing to take. It is his duty to serve, and he'll die serving if needs be. If Alexander were to go down in history, this is what he will go down as is. He would either die trying, or come back as a hero, yet either way, it'll be in the history books. The line of succession for Regius Obligatus has been evolving, updating every month, even if there were no changes.

Hugo and Winston would be fine-tuning the details, smoothing everything out. They both don't know when Alexander will come back from his service. No one knew how it went down between Isabelle and Alexander when he went to Paris for Valentine's Day. Speaking of Isabelle, Alexander made sure that someone had actually given the present to her, knowing that he would be in Palestine to serve. April is just a busy time due to the fact that there were several birthdays in hand and the fact that this was the first time Alexander wasn't present to attend Isabelle, Elizabeth and Hugo's birthday. For Alexander, he is putting what he learnt in his training all those years ago and applied to his service in Palestine as the Captain of the Royal Navy and Air Commodore of the RAF.