Getting Settled(3)

Darkness...That is all I feel, as I lifelessly float through the abyss. I feel cold like I was dropped into a lake. I feel alone, just like the day I lost Rein. Where am I? Who am I?

"Murderer..."

Who the hell said that? What's going on?!

"You said that...The real you..."

Yeah...You're right. This emptiness is real, I am alone...Hopeless. That is what I am.

"Why don't you make it easier in everyone and disappear?"

Can I? Is it that easy? How...?

"You know exactly what to do... Stick it in an extra inch and drag upwards..."

Why are you whispering? That doesn't even make any sense. My subconscious is really insane. Hell...I'm pretty insane too. Hey, voice? Fuck off for a bit...I'm trying to waste away in the shadows.

"You don't deserve that luxury. Not when Rein is dead because of you..."

Shut up!

"No luxury for you...Because you're such a burden..."

You don't have to remind me!

"But if I don't. Who will? Everyone is either to chicken shit to try or they just don't care enough..."

I know you're right, but just shut your mouth...or whatever you use to talk.

"Stop hiding your true feelings. It's just you and me. Well in truth, it really just. You, yourself, and I...Because in the end...I'm you.

Me. Myself and I? I both like and hate the sound of that...

"Well, it's your head... Not my fault your weird."

Ha...I guess you're right. I am pretty weird.

"Adrian!?" Was that Ash?

"Sounded like him"

"Wake up!! What are you doing?!" His voice really piercing...

I felt a hard impact on my face...Ouch! Did he just bitch-slap me?

My eyes jolted open and I see Ash holding me down, by both of my wrists. Wait... Why does my wrist sting? I looked to my right hand to see shadow-like claws and my left wrist has a patch of red. Blood?!

"What...happened?" My voice was worry about it. "Y-You were babbling nonsense in your sleep. When I turned to look at you. You were using your quirk to scratch your wrist raw. Dad just runs to the trunk to find a first aid kit or absorbing some light, to heal you.", whoa...So that's what it meant by an extra inch.

"Um...Huh?!" I'm really confused, I was having a weird conversation with myself and I apparently started hurting myself, while I was asleep. That is a whole new level of automatism.

Soon my Dad showed himself, he held a face of worry. Why am I always the one who worries the people around me? "Are you okay?" My father's voice is laced with concern. "Uh...I think so? I've never done that before" I nervously chuckled to make the situation lighter. But just as my father did, it failed.

He hovered his hand on my wrist and a dull light erupted from his palm. Causing the wound to instantly close and leave no mark. "That is awesome and you need to teach me how to do that" I try to change the subject, "Don't change the subject young man. Are you alright?" My father was seriously concerned, I nod. Giving him reassurance. "Just a fluke with my quirk. I'm just stressed and tired", I sigh in exasperation. "I just need rest, food, and time. I'm not completely okay. But can you expect me to be? I'll be alright...Trust me" My inner Dad was coming out when I start to act like him and my voice is gentle but strong.