Brightening the Spectrum(17)

(Adrian's POV)

I jolted awake, the room was dark, but I could see clearly. I barely noticed the constricting grasp around my waist. The sound of soft breathing filled my ears.

My heart slowed to a manageable pace, the images from what my mind conjured up for me to see fading from memory. I sighed with exhaustion, unknowingly stirring the familiar blob of ash-blonde right next to me.

Katsuki groaned, "What's wrong?" He grumbled. His tired voice is really sexy. "Just a bad dream. Go back to sleep. I'm going to get some water" I whispered.

He groaned as he unwrapped his arms from my waist. "I'll be back in a bit..." I whispered. "Whatever..." Is Katsuki a pout when he's tired? That is adorable.

I grinned as I walked out of the room and downstairs. I wandered to the kitchen and poured a glass of water, when I turned around I jumped with surprise.

My shadow was standing there, in the living room, looking at the powered off TV. Not creepy at all. Totally not bothered by any of that.

I started walking to the staircase, but the TV turned on. The sound of faint static was evident. I froze.

My body rotated, the TV had no channel on. My shadow slowly turned it's head and looked at me. I slowly walked to the couch, sitting down.

The T.V. flickered, an image was shown. It was everyone I cared about or have met. Dad, Rien, Ash, Mom, Katsuki, my old school friends, some of my new friends at U.A, even Mitsuki and Masaru.

The room around us started to swell with darkness. The shadows wisping around like thick smoke. The image on the TV started to warp.

Rien's eyes were sunken and hollow, just black holes. Mom's was the same. Soon the shadows started taking form. I looked at my shadow, it's gaze was calm and unwavering. I wish I could be like that sometimes.

The T.V. started to change. Everyone on he screen slowly rotted and died. Only to be replaced with shadows. I could feel my heart pounding. The sound throbbing in my head.

Soon there was only shadows. The T.V. disappeared and the room was filled with an unbreakable darkness.

My shadow stood calmly in the darkness. It was both frightening and serene. My vision shifted again. The shadows were chasing after the people in my life and my shadow stood about 2 meters away. It outstretched its arm. Holding his hand towards me.

The shadows around us were attempting to rip everyone apart. In that moment I reached out. My hand clasped with my shadow's and all the darkness became docile.

No smoke, no shape, but peaceful. The T.V. flickered on again, the image was shown once more. But glitching words appeared on screen.

"Apart They Fall"

"Together They Live"

I looked at my shadow. What the hell is he talking about? He grasped my hand and placed something in it, when I looked back up, the room was white and Katsuki was standing in front of me. My shadow was behind me, in a room of darkness.

I then noticed the difference. I could count the lights in my life. There were 7. While the darkness seemed infinite.

Is this my quirks? Light and Dark. Positive and Negative. Good and Ba-... There's no such thing.

I saw my shadow grin, it was clarity. Then everything clicked.

I can't ignore or hide my darkness. Nor can I only rely on my light. At the moment my dark side is stronger because of the negative experiences I've gone through. But my light is so small.