Teamwork Makes The Dreamwork(22)

(Adrian's POV)

The top 42 contestants of the 1st round were lined up for the 2nd round.

Midnight was standing on the podium in all her glory. My shadow was getting all forms of excited.

What yhe fuck is wrong with you today? You've been like this ever since... Oh.

I thought about my Shadow's reason for a personality change, my mind filtered to a few factors. The major one being...

I looked at my Boyfriend. Ever since we had that make out session and we took another step in the relationship.

I looked at the shadow I was casting, it had features and it kept changing faces. The most prominate was my actual Shadow.

These other's are a riot!

Others?! Since when did I have others!?

You can have multiple lights. Why the hell can't you have multiple Shadows? Huh? That's just racist!

I sweatdropped. How can racism be linked to a shadow? And why are you being weird!! I'm starting to miss the lifeless, cold, cryptic douche you used to be!

I shook my head, turning my attention to our perverted, sex crazed host. "NOW FOR THE SECOND CHALLENGE...A CAVALRY BATTLE!" Oh dear lord... Really? With the whip? That's kinky but still uncalled for. All the Christian virgins watching must avert their eyes from this unholy beast!

Coming from you...

I rolled my eyes.

"THE RULES ARE SIMPLE! YOU WILL DIVIDE INTO TEAMS OF 2-4! YOU WILL BE WEARING A HEADBAND TO REPRESENT THE NUMBER OF POINTS YOU WILL HAVE!! LAST PLACE WILL START WITH 5 POINTS, THEN 10! MOVING TO FIRST PLACE WITH... 10 MILLION!!!"

Oh no...

I blankly stared into oblivion, as nearly everyone looked directly at me with a look of greed and competitive auras.

I nervously chuckled. "I uh... Don't suppose I can convince you to take a dive... Eh...It was worth a shot" I'm so fucked...

Well if you used all that true power we have. This will be easy.

No.

Your light us currently stronger, but it's still has nothing on us... You can't even talk to it. That means you're a naughty boy...

Okay! That's enough out of you! No more Midnight. She's a bad influence on you!

"IF YOU INTENTIONALLY INJURE THE OTHER TEAMS, BEYOND SAFE LIMITS! I'LL SLAP YOU WITH A RED CARD! IF YOU FALL, YOU MAY GET BACK UP!!"

I feel like she was gonna say spank. But then she looked at something. I followed her line of sight, it lead to...

The teacher's seating area.

Okay?...

That's weird.

"LET THE TIMER START! YOU HAVE 10 MINUTES TO FIND YOUR TEAMS!"

Almost instantly, mostly everyone scurried away from me. I sighed.

Then I felt a tap on my shoulder.

I turned to see a purple haired dude, it was that ass that called everyone in the hero course asshats. 

He had a smug smile, but my anger started filtering through, only slightly.

"How about you join my tea-" his face contorted with worry.

That's right bitch! The red gaze of the Devil!