It Was All Going So Well

A/N: I know I said they're going on a raid in the last chapter, but I'm changing that 💕

MATTIA'S POV:

"Is everyone in their positions?" I spoke into the mouthpiece. I aimed my gun at Hector's older brother, Mariano. I was sitting on the roof of Hector's house, along with Kairi. We had to put a bullet in Mariano to warn Hector. Unfortunately enough, he was still alive, so now we were targeting his brother. Luckily the roof window was open, making it easier for us.

Mariano was the mastermind behind all of Hector's attacks. He did all the calculations, leaving the soldiers to carry out his plan. And without him, Hector was nothing. Mariano didn't even like his own brother. He knew he should've been the new capo of Diaz Cartel after his Dad got killed. Hector knew that too, but the brothers got into a fight, and Hector played victim, making everyone hate Mar, that way no one would want him as capo. And that's how he got what he wanted.

"Our soldiers are in their positions, Alejandro's in the car, whenever you're ready, boss" Kairi told me. I looked into the kitchen down below where they were all sitting. Hector at the head of the table, his mother at the other end. And Mariano right in the middle, the perfect place. I aimed at his right shoulder, we wanted to do damage, but not too much. My finger graced the trigger as I waited for him to sit still.

Without wasting another second, I pulled the trigger, watching as Mar fell back, clutching his shoulder. Kairi and I slid down the roof and landed on the floor as we heard the women screaming in fear.

Alejandro started the engine as we got in the car and we fled the scene before anyone could see us. I looked in the wing mirror and saw the soldiers cars following us closely behind.

"Well that was a success" said Alejandro, and I relaxed into the seat. It felt good to successfully complete a mission again. I missed the thrill of it all. I checked my phone and it was 9:30. That gave me enough time to think of an excuse and get changed.

OLIVIA'S POV:

I changed into a white hoodie with blue jeans. I had ten minutes before we left, and the last thing I needed was Luis on my ass. I started applying my makeup after I'd pulled my hair back into a loose ponytail. Just as I was about to put my lipstick on there was a knock at my door.

"I'm busy" I called out, hoping they'd go away. But the door opened and Luis stepped in.

"I thought we should go through the plan" he said, inviting himself into my room. I ignored him and watched through the mirror as he took a seat on my bed. I turned to him in disgust.

"Get the fuck off my bed"

I watched as he rolled his eyes and stood up. He put his hands in his pockets and his eyes went around my room.

"What possessed you to paint your walls pink?"

I stared ahead at my reflection in the mirror, praying Mattia could do something to kill Luis off completely. He walked over to me when I didn't answer his dumb question and stood behind me.

"We'd look good together, don't you think?" He said, staring at me through the mirror. My stomach twisted every time he opened his mouth, all I wanted to do was put a bullet through his head. I stood up, but didn't realise how close he was to me, causing me to almost trip backwards.

"I think you're an asshole" I said, walking towards my door. I walked down the hallway, hearing his footsteps behind me.

"You're so into me" he called after me. I refrained from throat punching him as I got into my Air Forces.