The Beginning Of The End

Leave me a comment y'all 🥺

OLIVIA'S POV:

I woke up in Mattia's bed, but he wasn't with me. I couldn't remember anything and I had the most awful headache. I checked my phone and it was 4am yet the house was eerily quiet. I called Alejandro's phone but he wouldn't pick up and neither would any of the other boys. I hesitated but then decided to text Mattia.

Me: Where are you all? And how did I end up in your room?

Mattia: Long story, I'll explain when we're home, which might be a little later

I was left confused with the texts and decided to call Bella since she was never asleep at this time. She had a car, and I knew she'd help me get to wherever Mattia and the boys were.

"Hey girl" she said, picking up after the first ring.

"Bella I need you to come get me"

"Okay, send me the addy"

I smiled to myself, so easy. I hung up the call and got out of bed. I decided to keep Mattia's hoodie on but looked for my sweats in the box of clothes I had. Annoyed, I tipped the box over, sprawling my clothes everywhere like they were before. Once I was changed I went downstairs and double checked, but there was no one here except me. I ran down to the basement where Mattia kept all the weapons and opened the large cabinet. Fuck.

Just as I had expected, there were only small handguns left, everything else was gone. A sickly feeling set in my stomach.

Someone was going to die tonight.

MATTIA'S POV:

"On my count, fire at Maria's head" I whispered into the headset. We were in a warehouse, again. A typical Mafia spot for a shootout. Mainly because there was nobody else around except for us.

"Got it" Kairi and Alejandro replied. I was stood next to the door with Maria in front of me. And Alejandro and Kairi has positioned themselves behind the soldiers and Maria. I kneeled behind the crates and watched her as she put the phone to her ear. She was wearing a white blazer dress, and was standing in front of Kian.

"Hey sweetie! Remember me?" she said loudly. She knew we were in the building, hence why she was being so extra to whoever she was talking to.

"I have your friend here!" she exclaimed. Wait. I squeezed my eyes shut as she moved the phone away from her ear to put it on speaker.

"What the fuck, Maria"

Liv's voice shot through me, sending shivers down my spine. Maria knew exactly what she was doing, and I fucking hated it. There was no point in hoping Liv wouldn't turn up, she was probably already here. And that was about to make things ten times more harder for me, not to mention dangerous.

OLIVIA'S POV:

"Maybe this was a bad idea" I said, staring up at the abandoned warehouse. Bella shook her head and held my hand, pulling me towards the entrance.

"Mattia's in there, and he could be in trouble" she said sternly. I bit my lip and held onto the handgun in my hand. Bella placed her hand on the doorknob, and I nodded slowly, taking a deep breath whilst wondering how much I was going to regret this.

"Go" I said. Bella pulled the door back and we walked into the dark corridor, looking around for anything in the darkness.

"I'll put my flashlight on" she said, putting it on the lowest setting. We looked around and she pointed at a sign on the wall saying 'main hall'. She winked at me as we followed the signs to where everyone else was.

"Wait" I said, holding my arm out. I listened closely and heard Maria's voice.

"Come on out, boys!" she shouted. Her voice echoed through the whole place, making me angrier. But at least it confirmed that Mattia wasn't the one in trouble, or at least I thought he wasn't.

I placed my hand on the door handle and pulled back the door quickly.

"NOW!" Maria's screamed. Multiple gunshots went off in my direction and I slammed the door shut, pulling Bella to the wall.

"Fuck" I said, hearing more gunshots go off which caused them to stop shooting at the door.

"Now, Liv! Move!" Bella yelled, pulling the door open. I ran inside with her behind me and we took cover behind a pulled of crates. I caught my breath and peeped over the crates, catching sight of Kian.

"What the fuck?" I said, my eyes immediately filling with tears. He didn't do anything.

"Stop it, Liv" said Bella, placing her hand on my shoulder "you can't get weak in front of her". I wiped my eyes quickly and nodded as the gunshots finally stopped. I caught sight of Mattia who had his gun aimed at Maria. He looked good for 4am, especially when he was this focused.

"Well that didn't work" shouted Maria. We had no idea where she'd ran to. Which made this worse than it already was. I tried to look around for Kairi and Alejandro but it was too dark.

MATTIA'S POV:

"Has anyone caught sight of her yet?" I whispered into the mic.

"I've got her, target on the back of her head" he said. I breathed a sigh of relief and got ready. I looked around one last time for Liv, but she wasn't here, but neither was she caught in the gunfire.

"3.."

I kept my eyes on the crates, keeping myself ready for anything.

"2.."

Then I saw Liv. And Bella? What the fuck was going on? Bella stood up and pushed Liv back down, shaking her head. Fuck no.

"Boss?" Kairi said. But I ignored him and kept my eyes on the girls. My heart started beating out of my chest when Bella started walking into the darkness, holding shaky hands out in front of her.

"Boss!" Kairi whisper shouted. I opened my mouth to speak but at the same time I caught sight of one of the Nikolai soldiers aiming his gun at Bella.

"Bella!" screamed Liv, standing up and running towards her. Without thinking, I sprinted over to Liv, wrapping my arms around her as I heard gunshots starting to go off all around us. My bulletproof vest was getting shot at, and I kept Liv's head covered, lifting her up and running towards the exit with her in my arms.

"Hold fire, exit the building and get in your cars, we have to leave" I shouted.

"Fuck!" yelled Kairi. I glanced behind my shoulder, just in time to catch Bella's body falling to the ground and smoke blurring the view. I held back my tears as I pushed through the doors.

"Get the fuck off of me!" screamed Liv through her tears, trying to break free.

"Liv stop!" I shouted, setting her down as I got out my keys. I shook her shoulders a little, trying to make her come back to her senses.

"Bella's in there-"

"Bella's dead!" I screamed. Liv knew that too. She just didn't want to believe it. She covered her mouth with her hands and leaned against the car.

"We have to leave, please Liv" I said, opening her door and helping her in. I looked around and saw Alejandro and Kairi getting into their cars too. I started the engine and reversed out quickly, noticing multiple soldiers running out of the building. I sped up, trying to avoid a car chase at this time.

-

We'd been driving for a while and I hadn't caught sight of any members of Nikolai 19. I breathed a sigh of relief as we pulled up to a red light.

"Hey" I said, reaching over and wiping a tear away from Liv's face with my thumb. She didn't flinch at my touch.

"They're going to kill Kian, aren't they?" she said blankly, staring straight ahead. I took a breath and knew we both knew the answer to that question. Liv burst into tears, covering her face with her hands.

Two deaths in one night, in the space of one hour.
It was fair to say a war had broken out.