Red Makes A Statement

OLIVIA'S POV:

I walked into Mattia's house which was strangely quiet since he was out for a mission with Kairi and Giancomo. I'd decided to wear a red power suit since I felt like causing some kind of trouble today.

I made my way into the kitchen and pulled out a drink from the fridge before making my way down to the basement where Alejandro was.

"I didn't know you were coming over" he said, giving me a quick hug. I smiled and hugged him back.

"Mattia wouldn't let me go with him, so I figured this was the next best place"

"Yeah you don't wanna go back to that building" he shuddered, facing the screens in front of him as I took a seat on one of the couches.

"Exactly, so why the fuck is Mattia going?" I said, rolling my eyes.

"Something about an alliance" mumbled Alejandro, scrolling through his phone. I placed my drink on the table and furrowed my eyebrows at him in confusion. Mattia would never ask for an alliance.

"With Maria?" I said, almost laughing, but Alejandro remained serious, nodding his head.

"They're going to form ties with her and manage Nikolai 19 and NJ13 together" he said, almost as if I was already meant to be familiar with this kind of information. But instead I felt like I'd been slapped across the face with humiliation.

"No he's fucking not" I said, standing up and walking towards the door. Alejandro watched me leave and there was a silence before I heard his footsteps behind me.

"You'll need these" he said, throwing his car keys at me. But I threw them back at him.

"You're driving" I said, pulling a jacket on. He shrugged and went back to the basement, returning with two small handguns in his hand. He handed me one, along with a red pocketknife in his other hand.

"Just in case" he said, walking towards the front door. I followed him out and got into his car, looking up at the grey cloud looking above us. I brushed away the bad feeling I had and got in the car. Alejandro started driving but the music was only making me feel worse as I came to the realisation:

"They have to be married" I said, my jaw dropping open slightly. Alejandro looked over at me, pressing his lips together with a guilty look on his face.

"And you knew?" I snapped, glaring at him.

"No!" he said defensively "I overheard Giancomo speaking to Maria before they left, I don't even think Mattia knew about it when I found out"

"He's already fucking spoken to Maria?" I shouted, running a hand through my hair as I tried to calm myself down. Alejandro tightened his grip on the steering wheel as he sped up.

"Mattia won't do it, right?" I said, looking at Alejandro for reassurance, but he tilted his head to the side.

"What the fuck, Alé?"

"I don't know!" he said loudly "I don't know what the fuck he'd do for the mafia"

"Fuck the mafia!" I yelled, losing all kind of control I had in the first place. Alejandro sighed and I leaned against the window, my face covered with my hand as I tried to make sense of it all.

MATTIA'S POV:

"So have we set a date for the wedding?"

I glared across the room at Maria who had a sickly sweet smile across her face. She'd worn a white dress for the occasion, a coincidence I think not.

"Fuck you" I spat. Dad looked at me, shaking his head before smiling at Maria.

"As soon as possible" he said. Kairi's eyes went wide and he started shaking his head, looking at Maria who was busy giving me eyes instead.

"He just got your Dad killed!" exclaimed Kairi, waving his arms in the air at my Dad.

"He was old anyway" she replied calmly, keeping her eyes on me. I swallowed, knowing there was no way Dad would let us leave the place without getting a date. There was no way he could put me through something like this, at least that's what I thought.

"I'm not fucking marrying that" I said, pointing at Maria as I looked at Dad. He avoided eye contact with me and kept a firm smile on his face.

"I apologise" he said, intertwining his fingers.

"This is a bad fucking idea" muttered Kairi, folding his arms across his chest as he sank lower in his seat.
I looked at him and sighed helplessly.

"Olivia won't like this" I said, shooting a smile at Maria. It gave me a small sense of satisfaction when she became annoyed by just the mere mention of Olivia's name.

"She's not here though, is she?" said Maria, raising an eyebrow. I held my breath as I heard a door behind me open, followed by the sound of heels clicking against the floor. A smirk spread across my face as I kept my eyes on an enraged Maria and Dad. I felt a hand resting on the back of my neck and placed my hands on the sides of the chair, relaxing back with ease as Liv appeared at my side.

"I'm here now, bitch"

Her voice echoed through the room, it was always going to be my favourite sound. I felt her fingers running through my hair as I saw Maria's hands curl up into fists. Kairi raised his eyebrows when Liv walked in and he leaned forward in his seat.

"Olivia, you shouldn't be here" said Dad, his face slowly turning red.

"No she's good right here" I said, taking her hand and pulling her down onto my lap. She looked at me for a second, then back at Dad who had his head in his hands, either from embarrassment or anger.

"Oh I'm more than good right here" she smirked, wrapping an arm around my neck as she folded one leg over the other. I watched her in awe as she winked at Maria who pulled a gun from under the table, aiming it at Liv. I placed a hand on her thigh but she kept a calm smile on her face.

"I wouldn't if I were you" said Alejandro from behind me. He and Kairi both had their weapons aimed at her. Dad looked at us both, stuttering as he tried to form a real sentence.

"He's marrying me" said Maria. Liv let out a laugh, covering her mouth quickly as she leaned backwards.

"Baby, you're so clueless" she said, sarcastically fanning her eyes. The smile disappeared from her face within an instant as she straightened her posture again, ready to finish her sentence.

"He was mine before I even met him"