Dinner Parties

NARRATION

"When are they coming?"

Olivia looked over at Kairi who shrugged his shoulders. She was becoming impatient. The only word she had to go off was "afternoon". Within 8 hours, she had done 3 background checks.

The first was on Lola, who was actually called Maria Gustambide. She had been the leader of Nikolai 19 since she was twenty. As soon as her parents were killed, she was put in charge due to being their only child. Though she came across as innocent, she was one of the most dangerous women in Russia, eliminating almost 40 mafia's worldwide. And NJ13 was her next target, as well as Diaz Cartel.

The second check was on Marco. Marco was her right man. He was close friends with her parents and taught her everything she knew. Arguably, he was more powerful than her. But his loyalties lied with Nikolai 19, and he had never shown disrespect towards his leader.

Antonio was the leader of the soldiers. He had never missed a shot. Questionably, the most merciless out of the three. He never hesitated, wherever he went blood would follow. The majority of Russia feared him. But his acting was almost as good as Lola's. The reason he was such a pro assassin, was because of how deceiving he would become whenever he approached his prey. Manipulation was his strong suit.

Olivia snapped out of her thoughts when she heard the doorbell. She looked over at Kairi who shut his laptop and they both walked out of his room.

"I'll get it!" shouted Lola, rushing towards the door. Olivia and Kairi watched from above as she opened the door to two tall men, dressed in casual clothing. She uttered something to them that was too quiet for them to hear, but it all became clear when one of the men slightly opened his jacket, flashing a clear bottle with a red solution inside.

"Hi!" said Kairi loudly, causing Olivia and Lola to both jump. Olivia hadn't even noticed that he left her side, and watched him walking downstairs, waving at the two men.

"Kairi" said Lola, a little startled "these are my friends, Lucas and Harry"

The three of them shook hands and Kairi directed them into the kitchen, carefully glancing up at Olivia before leaving her sight. She nodded and made her way over to Alejandro's room.

"Hey baby" he said, without looking up from his phone.

"Hey" said Olivia, quickly changing into a casual outfit. Alejandro stared at her for a second as she reached into her underwear drawer. He watched her sift through the colourful lingerie until she grasped the handgun.

"So you know about Maria too" he smirked. Olivia was caught off guard and she bit her bottom lip, turning to face him.

"How did you.."

"I heard her speaking to someone in Russian over the phone, then I did a background check"

She nodded, relieved that three of them now knew. Alejandro pulled back the covers to reveal himself fully dressed, Olivia knew there was a gun hidden on him somewhere. He walked over to her, taking her hand and opening the bedroom door.

"I knew you'd figure it out, I was just waiting for you to come to me about it" he smirked, leading them both out of the bedroom.

Alejandro and Olivia walked into the kitchen to see everyone sitting at the table, apart from Mattia who was leaning against the fridge, holding a glass of scotch. He rolled his eyes when he saw their hands entwined, quickly brushing away the jealous feeling.

He watched as they introduced themselves, keeping a close eye on Antonio as his eyes travelled up and down Liv's body. He tightened his grip on the glass.

"So when did you guys come into town?" Alejandro asked, snaking an arm around Olivia's waist. Marco and Antonio looked at each other.

"Two days ago" Lola blurted out, glaring at them both. The oven beeped, indicating to everyone that the food was made. The butlers came into the kitchen as everyone sat around the table. Alejandro, Kairi and Olivia watched closely as Lola brushed past Marco and took the bottle, slipping it into her pocket.

Alejandro took a step forward but Olivia grabbed his arm, instead leading him to the table without making a scene.

Once everyone was seated, Lola stood up and walked over to Mattia, placing both her hands on his shoulders and planting a kiss on the side of his head. Olivia pressed her lips together and quickly fixed her eyes on table.

"Can I get you a drink, baby?" she asked. Mattia nodded and asked for a water, trying to avoid Olivia's gaze. Lola nodded and pulled a glass out the cupboards. Knowing what she was about to do, Olivia started to stand up.

"I'll get you a drink" she said, but Alejandro took ahold of her wrist, pulling her towards him and pressing his lips against hers. Olivia smirked as she kissed him back, opening her eyes slightly and staring right at Mattia. His cheeks turned red when they locked eyes and he quickly turned his attention elsewhere.

Olivia walked over to Lola and took a glass out. She watched as Lola filled it up with water, standing with her back turned away from Olivia. Olivia knew she was putting the poison in the glass and quickly put Alejandro's glass to a side, following Lola to the table.

"Here, babe" she said, placing the glass in Mattia's hand. He thanked her as all eyes slowly began to fall on him.

The room fell silent as Mattia raised the glass to his lips.