You, You and Only You

MATTIA' S POV:

I walked up to my room, slamming the door behind me. I knew the boys were probably asleep, but at this point I didn't give a fuck about anyone. But her.

I pulled out my phone and started calling her, left unsurprised when she declined my call. Did she really think I was backing out that easily? My Dad and I never agreed on anything, but for him to decide my love life was a different matter. I pulled off my shirt and got into bed, trying her phone again.

"You've got a mission tomorrow"

I looked up and saw my Dad barging into my room, he never knocked first.

"I'm not doing it, give it to Kairi"

"I understand you're mad-"

"I'm mad?" I scoffed, getting out of bed again. I looked at my phone when she declined it and threw it in the sheets.

"You'll get over her-"

"Stop fucking saying that!" I shouted.

"Girls like Olivia are once in a lifetime kinda girls, there is no upgrade after her and you've just screwed up any chance I had with her"

I heard myself saying that and took a second to bring myself back to ground level. Dad shook his head in disappointment, but I was done caring for his opinion on anyone I cared this deeply about.

"I'm in love, Dad" I said, realising the power that came with those words.

"You're talking shit" he said, going over to pour himself a glass of alcohol. I watched him and started smiling to myself. I'd realised I'd started doing that a lot. Mainly whenever she came into my head. 

"When you can't function properly without that person" I said "that's called love".

"Then go!" he yelled, slamming his glass on the dresser. I took a sharp intake of breath, unsure of what he was going to do next. He tended to get violent after one drink, either violence or saying something he'd regret.

"Get out and don't ever come back here!" he shouted, pointing towards the door. I shook my head at him and picked up a white vest, throwing it over my head and waking out the room.

OLIVIA'S POV:

"Are you sure you don't want any dinner, honey?"

I looked up at my Mom who was stood by the stove. She'd been asking me the same question for the past twenty minutes, the answer still hadn't changed.

"No, I think I'm going to sleep" I said, glancing at Dad who was sitting opposite me. Mom nodded and walked out of the room with her plate of food. Dad leaned forward in his seat a little, making sure Mom was fully out of earshot before speaking.

"Is it about Mattia?" he asked. I nodded, looking at my lock screen, another missed call. Dad sighed and sat back in his seat. Mom knew he worked for the FBI, she just never knew the severity of some of the situations. For example, her own daughter getting tied up with a Mafia. But Dad and I knew she didn't need the added stress, so we kept it quiet.

"I thought you guys were on good terms" said Dad, taking his plate to the dishwasher. I shrugged my shoulders hopelessly.

"I don't know what the fuck we're on" I said, standing up and walking out the kitchen before I burst into tears. I carried my body upstairs and gently closed the bedroom door behind me. I opened my phone and went immediately to the first person I'd got to in a situation like this.

But she was dead.

I covered my face as the tears escaped from my eyelids, running over to my bed and burying myself deep between the blankets. I sobbed and sobbed, but none of that would ever bring back Bella.

Once I'd calmed down, I looked at the two mascara stains on my pillowcase and sighed, throwing it across the room. I rolled over onto my back, the light from my phone giving me a headache causing me to turn it off and sit in the darkness.

I was beginning to fall asleep when a gentle knock at my window made my eyes snap open. I rubbed my eyes as anxiety suddenly rushed through me. I remembered how Maria was still alive. And I was now a target, thanks to Giancomo reminding me a million times. I frantically rushed around the room, looking for some kind of weapon. I found a pocket knife in a hoodie pocket and pulled back the curtain in one swift movement.

But I furrowed my eyebrows when I saw Mattia, sitting on the roof ledge outside my window. He was wearing black shorts with a white vest which only made his gold chains stand out even more. His hair looked greasy and fell perfectly in front of his brown eyes. He gave me a lop sided smile once our eyes had met, but I found myself struggling to return it.

Mesmerised, that would be an appropriate word for the situation he had me in.

"What do you want?" I asked, opening the window. He climbed inside, landing softly on the floor. I watched him steady himself before he took both my hands.

"You" he said. I sighed and tried to pull my hands away, but he only held on tighter.

"Don't even fucking fight me on this, Liv"

"We've been through-"

"You've been through it" he said, correcting me "I never got to say my part, did I?"

"Okay, talk to me" I said, holding onto his hands which almost felt like they were shaking in mine. To say Mattia was a whole mafia leader, I'd never seen him this nervous.

"I want you, Liv"

"It'll always be you, don't you see that? If I had the choice between you and a million things I've always wanted, I would choose you every single time"

"Mattia.."

"I've never been so sure of anything in my entire life"

"But what if I hurt you?" I said, biting my bottom lip nervously. A smirk spread across his face as he wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me closer to him. The tension between us started increasing as I looked down at his chest, feeling his eyes on me as we stood in the darkness.

"Do your worst, West" he whispered, leaving a soft kiss on my head. I felt my cheeks heating up when his voice became low, it sent electricity through me.

"Sleep at my place tonight" I said, my hands travelling up his chest as my gaze met his. He smiled and tilted his head at me, letting his hair fall to the side of his face.

"Bold of you to assume I was leaving, baby" he said. I held my breath, holding eye contact with him.

"Do you know how much of a risk it is for us to be together?" I said. He placed a finger underneath my chin, tilting my face higher as he looked down into my eyes.

"I guess that's a risk I'm willing to take" he said, closing the space between us by letting our lips finally meet. I wrapped my arms around his neck, pulling him closer as he deepened the kiss. He placed his hands under my legs, lifting me up and pressing my back against the wall as I wrapped my legs around his waist. He pulled away for a second, a cheeky grin appearing on his face that was glowing thanks to the moonlight.

"You're beautiful" he said, his eyes flickering back down to my lips. I laughed quietly and shook my head at him.

"You know" I said, tracing his jawline with my index finger "if I didn't know any better, I'd say Mattia Polibio is becoming soft"

"What?" he said, narrowing his eyes at me with a smirk still on his face.

"You heard me"

"Shut the fuck up" he whined, carrying me over to the bed and dropping me on my back. I laughed and reached out, taking ahold of his chains and pulling him down on top of me.

"I like you when you're soft" I mumbled, brushing my lips against his. He rolled his eyes and buried his head in my neck, his arms around my waist.

"Only around you, everyone else gets normal treatment" he said, closing his eyes. I smiled to myself upon hearing those words.

He walked into my heart like he'd always belonged there.