Decisions Decisions

OLIVIA'S POV:

"Mattia don't!" I screamed, placing my hand on his arm. He shook me off and placed two hands on the gun, his jaw clenched as he stared at Giancomo.

"Do it" he shrugged, dropping the gun out of his hand onto the floor. Mattia looked at the gun and back at his Dad.

"Mattia!" I said, but Alejandro grabbed my arm and pulled me backwards, away from Mattia. He shook his head, desperately trying to keep me quiet.

"You were never a Father to me" said Mattia, closing one eye to keep his aim.

"You were never a son to me" shrugged Giancomo. Mattia's eyebrows raised a little and his mouth turned into a small 'o' shape. I covered my mouth with my hand and looked at Alejandro and Kairi who were in as much shock as me.

Mattia slowly lowered his gun, his eyes turning glassy as he turned his back on his Dad. I rushed forward, taking his hand and pulling him out of the room. We walked past the bouncers until the crisp night air hit my skin. I faced Mattia in time to see tears sliding down his face. I went to wipe them away but he held onto my hand instead.

"Please don't cry because of him" I whispered, using my thumbs to wipe his face. I felt my own eyes heating up, seeing him this upset made everything else unimportant.

"Did you hear what he fucking said?"

"People say terrible things when they're angry-"

"He meant it" said Mattia, wiping his eyes with the palms of his hands. I watched him hide his face in his hands and take a few deep breaths. I gave him a second to pity himself before gently placing my hands on his, moving them away from his face.

"You're really letting that bitch get you upset? You're Mattia fucking Polibio, you run a Mafia"

"But he-"

"Is getting exactly what he wants by you breaking down like that" I said sternly. I looked up at Mattia, tilting my head slightly as I made out his features in the night lights.

"What am I meant to do? Put a bullet through his fucking head?" said Mattia, waving his arms in the air.

"I tried doing that and you stopped me" he said, flipping the conversation onto me.

"Cause you can't do that!" I exclaimed, but it only annoyed him more.

"Then what the fuck am I supposed to do?" he yelled, pacing back and forth in the car park. I rolled my eyes and folded my arms across my chest.

"Stop yelling at me"

"No! If I want to yell, I'll yell!" he shouted, his face turning red.

"You can't just lose your temper like this every time you get a bit upset!" I said, trying to get him to understand, but all my efforts were futile.

"Why? I thought I was Mattia fucking Polibio" he said, imitating my voice. My shoulders dropped as I watched him in disbelief. His childish attitude wasn't going to fix anything, and me being here was only adding fuel to the fire.

"I'm going home, don't call me" I said, turning away quickly. I heard him calling me but kept walking in the opposite direction. I wasn't going to stay around him when he treated me like shit.

I didn't deserve that. I deserved better.

"Liv I'm sorry!" he called. I glanced back and noticed he'd stopped walking after me. I scoffed and shook my head, a hysterical smile appearing on my face as I walked further into the darkness.

MATTIA'S POV:

"Come on, Liv!" I shouted, watching her get smaller and smaller into the distance. I sighed and ran a hand through my hair. Another figure appeared close to her, I squinted my eyes, trying to make out who it was as they pulled out a gun.

"Liv!" I screamed, running towards her. But the person fired a bullet, straight into her back. I froze, I was way too far from her. I pulled out my gun and started firing at the person but they were running toward Liv. I started running too but they got there first, picking her up and throwing her over their shoulder. It was a masculine figure, that wasn't Maria.

"Put her down, you bastard!" I screamed, firing more shots. He jumped into the back of a black Jeep, Liv still slung over his shoulder as if she was worthless.

I stopped running, leaning over with my hands on my knees as I tried to catch my breath back. The van drove off and I pinched the inner corners of my eyes.

"What are you doing?"

I looked up and saw Alejandro and Kairi coming out of the building, Dad behind them. Alejandro raised his eyebrows, waiting for an answer to his question.

"They've taken Liv! That soldier was from Nikolai 19!" I shouted, walking back to them. Dad raised an eyebrow, placing both hands behind his back.

"I need your fucking help" I said to him. He nodded slowly, pissing me off even more.

"If I help, you marry Maria" he said. Alejandro and Kairi looked at me for my answer, both of them shaking their heads.

"It's not worth it" mumbled Kairi. I looked at my Dad who was glancing at the Rolex on his watch.

"They'll probably kill her in the next ten-"

"Fine I'll do it!"