34 - Hana Uehara

You know you're your own assassin

Hana Uehara just knew that these exams were going to be an absolute disaster. She knew it, because even Kaori could barely focus during their study sessions together. It was a week until their first exam and even Kaori was far from well-prepared for it. And if Kaori was underprepared, everyone else was basically doomed.

And it was all, because so much stuff just happened and the entire term just went by so incredibly quickly. Currently Kaori was sitting on Uehara's office chair, leaning back and looking at the ceiling, her neck stretched out, showing off all the dark hickeys she got a few days ago.

Uehara kept wondering whether there wasn't something she was missing with this mysterious guy. She knew Kaori and she also knew that she would do her damn best to cover up those hickeys if it was just some random guy. The fact she was showing them off like that - there was something weird about it.

"I honestly don't have any idea how to get through those exams. I'm fucked, Hana." she said, looking back at her.

"Oh, shut up. If anyone's fucked it's me. Or Kawano. Kawano's definitely fucked." Uehara commented. Kaori snorted.

"Yeah, there's no way Kawano doesn't have to repeat this whole exam. No fucking way." Kaori answered. Uehara watched her bury her face in her hands. She looked more exhausted than ever.

"You look like shit, girl. You should get some sleep." she said, knowing full well that sleep was not an option for Kaori.

"I would, if I could. But for now, some more coffee will do, I guess. Plus, it's not even that I'm tired."

"What is it, then?"

"You know, when you're full of energy, but you just really don't wanna sit down and study? That's what it is." Kaori said and got up from the office chair. She started pacing back and forth.

"Yeah, I get you. How do you feel about a quick pop quiz and if we do well, we'll treat ourselves tonight?" Uehara suggested, mostly because she just really wanted Kaori to stop pacing. Kaori had this terrible habit to act really nervous and restless and to be really high-strung, especially at night and it was genuinely driving Uehara to insanity. How she had managed to remain friends with her for so long without murdering her in her sleep was beyond Uehara. Maybe it was because Kaori just didn't sleep.

"Fine, sounds good, hit me up with those questions." she replied bobbing back and forth on her feet.

"Okay, will you please sit down for this? You're making me nervous as fuck." Uehara said, as she grabbed her notes. She took a short look at them and was already sick of it. She had been reading these for the last three hours and had maybe kept half of that in her memory. She couldn't see it anymore.

"Ugh, you know what? Fuck this. Here's your pop quiz. What's gonna happen if we fail this exam?" Uehara asked.

"Aizawa's gonna have our ass." Kaori answered and slammed her textbook shut. She groaned in frustration.

"Uh-huh. And I'm not gonna complain about it." Uehara replied jokingly and licked her lip suggestively. Kaori just gave her a deadpan stare.

"Wow. That was low, even for you." she said. Uehara laughed, but realized that something was off about Kaori. She couldn't really pinpoint what it was, however. Maybe she was just imagining things.

"Well, you passed the test. Time to have some fun." Uehara announced. This was probably a terrible idea, considering it was a Wednesday night and they had classes again in the morning, but maybe it wouldn't be so bad. Mr. Ishiyama had been sick for the whole week already, surely he wouldn't be back tomorrow morning.