27 - Shinsou

So come on honey, blow yourself to pieces

"I just don't know, Hana. He was being really weird the entire week and I just don't get it." Kaori Shinsou told her friend. Uehara gave her a pensive look as she was chewing on her pen.

Actually, they had met to do assignments and cram for the exams at the end of the term. But it had quickly started to become a discussion about Aizawa acting weird towards... well, kind of everyone, but especially towards Kaori. And she didn't like it one bit. She was honestly upset by it.

"It is really unsettling. I got so used to the two of you just chatting away and now it's like the whole atmosphere in the class has changed. And I hate how much Nishiyama gets off on it, too." Uehara said with a frown.

"I know. She's the worst. You know what she said to me while I was queuing to pay for my lunch yesterday?"

"What did she say?"

"Looks like your grades are gonna drop, now that the professor broke up with you. Too bad it's so close to the exams." Kaori said, mocking Nishiyama's high-pitched voice and posh accent. Uehara chuckled a little and shook her head in disbelief. If there was someone they both hated, it was Nishiyama.

"She really needs to get a life. I swear, I can't stand seeing her face on a good day." Uehara mumbled.

"Same. I mean, what also really, really annoys me is how she assumes that I'm fucking Aizawa. Like how did that stupid thing even start? Why does everyone think that?" Kaori complained. Uehara just shrugged, even though she could think of a few reasons why people would think that.

"I can't even focus on studying with everything that's going on. Like, it really bothers me how cold Aizawa has gotten all of a sudden. And Nishiyama being a bitch on top of all that? I can't do it, Hana. It's wearing me down." Kaori admitted and started massaging her temples with a frenzied look in her eyes. Uehara raised an eyebrow and got out her phone, quickly typing something.

"Look, don't worry about it. I'm sure Aizawa's just stressed or something. It'll be fine. Maybe he wants to avoid giving off the impression that you two are too close, with the exams around the corner, you know?" Uehara said.

"I just don't know, Hana. From what I've gathered he should be less stressed at the moment, with Stain caught and everything. I don't know, maybe I'm overlooking something here. It sucks." Kaori replied.

"I get it, babygirl. It really does suck. Are you still going to be his TA next term?" Uehara asked. Kaori sighed, feeling a little better, though. Uehara had this habit of calling her friends 'babygirl' and while Kaori pretended not to hear it, she absolutely loved it when Uehara called her that.

"I think so. As far as I know the application's through and official. I don't know how I'll survive that term honestly." Kaori said and rested her head on the opened text book that was lying on the table.

"Maybe you can ask him what's up when you're his TA or something." Uehara suggested. Kaori groaned.

"But that's such a long time! And the exams are right in the middle of it. Please tell me, how I can possibly write an exam worthy of what I'm capable of when I can't stop thinking about why Aizawa's being a total asshole right now?" she wondered melodramatically. Kaori chuckled.

"Oh, come on. He's not really being an asshole. He's just being less friendly with you." Uehara remarked.

"Yeah, but that's the thing. We were on really good terms and all, but all of a sudden - and nothing weird has happened or anything - he's all cold to me. And I know he's my professor and I'm just a student and all that jazz, but I'd just like an explanation on why he did a 180 on me."