48 - Shinsou

Because I am tired and you're lonely

Kaori Shinsou was woken up by someone shaking her. She had just been in the middle of a weird dream that included herself, her parents and Hitoshi, but for some reason he was a cat. She had literally been in deep sleep. Who the hell was waking her up? And where was she? She quickly fumbled around her ears to get out the ear plugs.

"What is going on?" she asked. She was honestly confused. She was leaning against someone's shoulder and that someone was... Mr. Aizawa? And this wasn't her bed, this was... a bus? Why was she on a bus? What the hell?

"It's been an hour. We're at our first stop." Mr. Aizawa said. First stop? What the fuck? And then the memories started coming back to her.

Summer training camp. She had been out drinking with Aizawa after the whole disaster with Stain at Tartarus, then went to her friends house to sleep it off, then had a good few hours of deep talk with her and then went home to pack for the summer camp. She had made tea for herself and Hitoshi when she got home and finally managed to get some sleep two hours before she was supposed to get up.

Kaori had no clue how she had managed to make it to school in the first place. She had barely any recollection of getting on the bus and falling asleep. It was like she had done all of this in some weird sort of trance or half-sleep. That's probably why she was so confused in the first place.

"Ugh, I have to pee!" one small guy shouted and rushed out of the bus. Kaori rubbed her eyes and sat up straight. Every bone and every muscle in her body hurt like hell. She quickly slipped into her shoes, not bothering to put them on properly at this point. They were runners, but she wore them more like slippers right now. Kaori was way too tired to care about anything.

"Come on, we're getting a different ride." Aizawa said. Kaori wasn't sure what he meant, but she was too tired to ask, so she just followed him outside. The place they were staying at better had some good coffee.

"Hey, Mr. Aizawa, this really doesn't look like much of a place to take a rest..." a red-haired boy brought up. Aizawa gave him a tired smile.

"You don't really think we stopped here just so you could stretch your legs, do you?" he asked. The few people that had heard him looked utterly terrified. Kaori was wondering just how much Aizawa had traumatized this class. She remembered that he had unorthodox teaching methods at times, but these guys must have gotten it especially bad. They looked scared out of their minds.

"Please, Sir, the toilet?" the small kid from earlier asked. Aizawa ignored him, so Kaori figured it was best to do the same. After all, she didn't even really know those kids all too well.

"Hey, Aizawa." she suddenly heard a voice from behind her. Kaori turned around and saw a woman with a brown bob cut walk up to them. Following her was a younger woman with long blonde hair. There were whispers among the students about who those two were and what they were doing here and what the fuck was going on. Kaori was curious as to what was going on herself.

"Everyone, meet Shino Sosaki and Ryuko Tsuchikawa. You will be training under them during the summer camp." Aizawa introduced them. Kaori still wasn't quite sure what exactly was happening, so she just kept watching what was unfolding in front of her eyes. The woman called Sosaki stepped up and gestured broadly at the forest they could see stretching out in front of them.

"We own this whole stretch of land out here, everything you can see. The summer camp you're staying at is there, at the base of the mountain." she said with a big smile on her face. Kaori started to understand what was happening here. She had been to only one training camp in her time and she had suppressed most memories from it, but it was pretty brutal when she went.