40 - Shinsou

No one on the corner has swagger like us

Kaori Shinsou was done swimming her rounds for today and was currently enjoying life by just lying down on her towel with a book in her hands. She had been in the water for a bit too long and was just starting to warm up again. The one thing about the university pool was that there wasn't anyone selling snacks and hot drinks to warm up, because she would have killed for a hot chocolate right now.

With a yawn she put her book down for a while and looked out onto the pool. Some of the girls had brought a beach ball. Kaori thought she recognized them from somewhere. She knew the girl with the short pink hair was a first year in basic training, so the others were probably as well.

Kaori looked towards the other end of the pool where she saw Hitoshi and Kaminari talking (with Kaminari doing most of the talking). They seemed to be on their way over to her. She waved at the two of them and Kaminari waved back enthusiastically while Hitoshi was just raising an eyebrow.

"Hey! Kaori, right? Didn't know you were here, too." Kaminari shouted as he came over with Hitoshi.

"Well, someone had to drive. Did you get the day off today?" Kaori wanted to know. He was usually working either early in the morning or in the afternoon, but he might have gotten some time off before and after the exams.

"Yeah, I figured I needed a bit of time to unwind after the exams. And before the summer camp, that's not too far off. Hey, Hitoshi, when are we getting our results again?" Kaminari asked, as he sat down in the grass next to Kaori. Hitoshi sat down as well and threw Kaori a can of soda.

"I dunno when you'll get yours, but we should get ours within the week." Hitoshi replied, sounding unimpressed.

"Huh... I wonder when we get ours..." Kaminari mumbled. Kaori glanced over at Hitoshi who just sighed.

"We all get the results for the written exams on the same day. I'm not sure if you get the results of your practical ones earlier or not, but I mean, you should know how well you did in those." Kaori explained and opened her can. She was glad that Hitoshi had brought one over, because she had only now realized how parched she was. Kaminari didn't seem happy when she brought up the practical exam.

"Yeah, I already know that I failed the practical. So I'm definitely not going to summer camp." he said. Not going to summer camp? What was that about? Aizawa had told her that there would be extra lessons for the people who failed. Did he change his mind on that? It was probably better not to say anything.

"Why wouldn't you be going to summer camp?" Hitoshi asked, seemingly confused. Kaminari sighed.

"Because Aizawa hates us." he said. Kaori raised an eyebrow.

"Did he say you wouldn't go to summer camp if you failed?" she wanted to know, trying not to give him an amused grin. One of the first things Kaori had learnt at U.A. was that Aizawa liked to pull shit like this.

"Yeah. I won't even know what to do with myself all summer. It's gonna be so boring!" he exclaimed dramatically. Kaori glanced over at Shinsou who was nervously playing with a corner of the towel.

"I mean, you uh... could come over to mine and we can hang out or something... if you want, like you don't have to, yo-"

"That sounds like a great idea! I can hang out with the two of you, that would be fun!" Kaminari replied, interrupting Hitoshi.

"Nah, I won't be there." Kaori mumbled.

"What? Where are you going?" Kaminari asked.

"She's going to summer camp as Aizawa's TA." Hitoshi answered for her. Kaminari nodded and then got a slightly flustered look on his face.