63 - Aizawa

It's not safe outside of home

Shouta Aizawa had a feeling that it was all over already when they went back out. The battle had been fought and everything had already been decided. He had a feeling that they had been utterly defeated. But that didn't mean he could trust that feeling. He still needed to go and see if there was anything - anything at all - he could do. He was secretly glad that Kaori was with him.

Although it was bothering him that he was bringing her out here, where literally anything could happen. They still had no information on how many people were out there or where they were and it really annoyed him. Going out without really knowing anything. But at least here he could have an eye on her.

Because if he was being honest, nowhere was 100% safe. At least as far as they knew. So he'd rather have Kaori with him than in that classroom where she'd no doubt feel responsible for everyone else in case anything happened.

"I just got a text from Kaminari." Kaori suddenly said out of nowhere, breathing heavily. Aizawa glanced back at her. They hadn't been talking since they had left the camp and now she was holding her phone in her hands, still jogging and doing her best to keep up with him while they were heading through the forest, hoping to find anyone, really. Not as if they had any clues on where to start looking.

"This really isn't the time to be texting Kaminari." Aizawa just said and continued on. Kaori sped up and was jogging alongside him now.

"No, you don't understand. He said that he got a message from Tokoyami with a location. They're gone. They... It looks like they took Bakugou." Kaori said to him. Aizawa stopped in his tracks. What did she mean they took Bakugou? Where did they take him? She couldn't mean they kidnapped him. Right?

"What do you mean, they took him?" he asked. Surely, she couldn't mean that. There was no way this could happen. This stuff happened to other people. He looked up at Kaori and saw her shaking her head slowly.

"I'm sorry, I... they left. They escaped and they took Bakugou with them. As a hostage, I assume." she told him. I assume. That was the part that got Aizawa. He hoped they had taken him as a hostage, because everything else would be... he didn't even want to think about it. But the truth was, they didn't know. As of now, they had no idea why they took him or where.

"Fuck!" he shouted and punched one of the trees beside him. How could this happen? How the fuck could this happen? He made sure no one said anything about the location. He made sure only very few people even knew where the camp was supposed to be. How did they figure out where they were? And how did no one realize what was happening? How did Bakugou get caught?

It was his fault. If he hadn't told them to defend themselves, Bakugou would probably be back at the camp. He should have known how stubborn his students were and how they would stay outside for longer if it meant they could get some action. He should've been out there much sooner.

"Mr. Aizawa?" he heard Kaori asking, but it sounded like it was really far away. He looked up at her and saw her glancing at his fist worriedly.

"It's my fault..." he mumbled, shaking his head.

"No, no, it's not. You had nothing to do with this." she said and then he felt her hands on his shoulders and her eyes looking into his. When had he let her get this close to him that he just let her see all this? He usually did his best to hide the mess he was from anyone that wasn't him.

"Are you listening to me? Mr. Aizawa?" she asked again. Her voice sounded slightly shaken and he knew she was scared and had no idea what to do next, because it was just the same for him.