68 - Katsuki Bakugou

It sounds like settling down or giving up

Katsuki Bakugou was pissed. He usually was angry about something, but right now he was just more angry than he had ever been. How had they done it? How had the outsmarted him? And how could he be so stupid to let himself get captured? He had to get out of here, somehow.

"Pretty weird, if you ask me..." the skinny man in front of him said. They were all watching the press conference that was being broadcast almost everywhere at the moment. Bakugou was barely able to pay attention with all the thoughts racing in his head and with how annoyed he was at his situation.

"Why're they criticizing your teachers, huh? Their only crime was doing too little, too late. It's their job to protect you students, but anyone can screw up now and then, right? Why're people expecting them to be perfect? Teachers today sure have it rough, I'd say. And law enforcement, too, while we're at it. Am I right, Bakugou?" he continued. Bakugou just glared at him angrily.

"The minute people started making unfair benefits from protecting others, this whole system has come to shit. This is what Stain taught us!" someone else said. He looked like a cheap Stain ripoff.

"Save someone and you get money. You get fame.Sounds weird to me. And in this society, where the precious rules are everything, the people aren't cheering for the losers, telling them to fight another day. They're blaming them. Our mission is based on a few simple questions..." the skinny guy continued his philosophical ramblings. Bakugou stopped listening.

He had no energy to hear any of this society mumbo jumbo. He needed an escape plan. He warily scanned his surroundings. Seemed like there really was only one door out of here and that was the main entrance. The guy that called himself Kurogiri was behind the bar, staying in the background and polishing some glasses. Bakugou knew he could easily thwart an escape, so he had to be careful of him.

There was the little high school girl that was also behind the bar. She was crazy, that's all he could gather from observing her since he had been locked up here. But she'd probably be easy to knock out, as long as she didn't get her hands on any knives or anything sharp for that matter.

Then there was the guy with the burn marks on his skin. Spiky dark hair. Tired eyes. He seemed pretty indifferent to whatever was going on, but Bakugou knew that he was dangerous. He definitely had to take him out quickly, too.

The guy behind him had been continuously talking to himself all night. He seemed fairly harmless, if Bakugou was honest. Maybe he wouldn't have to take this one out at all. Maybe. He wasn't sure yet. He hadn't been around these people long enough to make a definite judgment.

The other three all seemed to be strong enough, but nothing he couldn't handle. There was this woman they all referred to as Big Sis Magne, there was the cheap Stain copy and there was this weird guy with a top hat and a mask. And then there was the skinny guy with the almost white hair.

Bakugou wasn't sure exactly what to make of him. He seemed incredibly weak, his skin had an unhealthy tone to it and was dry and flaky. His wrists were thin like twigs. Still - for some reason he was the group's leader. Bakugou hadn't really figured out why, but he had made a note to be careful about him.

"Dabi. Untie him." he suddenly heard him say.

"Huh?" the guy with the burn marks replied, looking back at him, as if he wasn't sure he had heard him right. Bakugou looked up at them. Were they stupid or something?

"He'll go wild for sure." Dabi replied, still looking at Skinny Boy as if he had lost his mind. Bakugou was pretty sure that was the case.

"It's okay. We gotta treat him as an equal. We're scouting him after all. Besides, before he throws a tantrum, our little U.A. student here should be smart enough to know he can't win." he replied and shrugged. Dabi raised his eyebrows and then turned to the man that had been muttering to himself with a sigh.

"Twice. Do it." he just said apathetically.

"Huh, me? No thanks!" he shouted and then quickly came up to Bakugou, starting to untie him. This guy was behaving really oddly.

"We apologize for the rather forceful measures taken to get you here. And yet we need you to understand that we're no mere thugs working in the name of aimless evil. Not in the least. It wasn't by accident that we spirited you away." the man in the top hat started talking, while Bakugou's ties were being undone.

What was it with these guys and their long monologues? Why couldn't they just shut up and do their thing? Why did they have to bother him with their philosophical crap? It really sucked, being kidnapped by a bunch of losers like them. Skinny Boy was making his way over to him now, starting another speech.

"Everyone here has a different story to tell, but we've all suffered thanks to other people. Thanks to rules. We've felt suffocated. You, more than anyone, should-"

At this point Bakugou just had enough. He couldn't stand the endless monologuing anymore. It was grating. Even though he still had no idea how to best escape, he punched this guy right in the face, once he came close enough to him. He'd just have to wing the escape after that.

Skinny Boy stumbled back when the force of his punch had hit him. This guy was so weak. Why was he so weak? How could he be the leader of this group that had people in it that were clearly much stronger? Bakugou didn't get it. He just didn't get it at all. What a bunch of losers.

But he'd show them.