9 - Aizawa

There's a thousand things inside my head I wish I ain't seen

Shouta Aizawa wasn't alone when he woke up. He also didn't feel dizzy or confused when he first woke up. He opened his eyes and was wide awake. He quickly realized he was in the hospital and in his mind, he recounted what had gotten him here. The attack, him and Anakuro being the only faculty members there... which meant they had to step up to protect those kids. And then there was Shinsou, just in the middle of everything, despite him telling her to stay with the others.

God, he hoped she was okay. Shinsou was smart as fuck, but how the hell was she being such a dumbass? He really hoped she was okay. She was such a smart and beautiful young woman, it would be a shame if...

Aizawa knew there was someone sitting in the room with him. He could feel someone watching him and out of the corner of his eyes he could see a lot of fidgeting and pacing around. There was only one person in the whole world, who would waste their free time being worried about him and had this constant obnoxious presence, making everyone else nervous.

"Zashi, stop pacing around, for fuck's sake."

Hizashi Yamada was Aizawa's best (and probably only) friend since they both went to high school and then university together. He was also a pain in the ass. Always had been. But for some reason, Aizawa was able to tolerate his presence and even enjoy it. Maybe he had just gotten too used to him.

"You're awake?" Yamada asked and quickly knelt down on the floor next to Aizawa's bed. Aizawa's eyes darted to the side as he looked into his worried face. He had his long, blond hair pulled together in a bun and his glasses were as dirty as usual. Aizawa wondered how he could see anything.

"Of course I'm awake. Now, why can I barely move? I can't stay here for long, I have things to do." he replied.

"Shou, you just woke up after you've been knocked out for hours. You had to have surgery and everything. You can't just get up and leave." Yamada said. Aizawa - who slowly became more and more aware of how his entire face was wrapped in bandages - squinted at him. Who was he to tell him what he could and couldn't do?

"Watch me." he mumbled and tried to sit up. It took a considerably larger amount of effort than he anticipated and he also realized that both his arms were bandaged with fixtures. And they hurt. Right, that was probably because he got his arms broken. Not that that would stop him. Much.

Aizawa was a stubborn person and everyone who had known him for longer than a day could attest to that. Yamada had gone to sit down in one of the chairs next to the bed. He was watching him with a triumphant smile, probably because he was sure that Aizawa wouldn't be able to get up, even if he wanted to. Once he had managed to sit up that smile started to fade, however.

"Shou? Stop trying to get up, you have several broken bones and your skull was fractured. You had to have surgery on your skull. You can't just walk out of the hospital right after that!" Yamada started protesting, once Aizawa had managed to sit up straight. His head was starting to hurt really badly now, but he would never admit it to Yamada. Especially not at this stage.

"Shouta! I'm going to call one of the nurses on you, if you keep trying to get out of bed!" Yamada threatened. Aizawa just nodded.

"Good. Tell her to bring all the forms I need to release myself from the hospital. Then we can get this over with faster." he replied, as he carefully inched his legs closer to the edge of the bed. He started feeling a little dizzy now, but he wasn't going to give up. Not now, after he had gotten this far. Yamada looked really worried and Aizawa almost felt sorry for him. Almost.