36 - Aizawa

And you have kissed my neck so your arguments are insane

She wasn't here. Shouta Aizawa was going over the rows of students for the tenth time and she wasn't here. Uehara seemed to be running late as well. Maybe Shinsou had fallen asleep in the library again, but usually Uehara did pretty well on getting her to class on time. Why weren't they here yet?

"We'll be going over the results of your mock exams today. You all better pull all nighters for the next week. They were nothing short of disappointing." Aizawa announced, when there was a knock at the door. Finally. It was about time they got here, because their mock exams had been atrocious.

"Come in." Aizawa said, looking at the door. It creaked open slowly, revealing Uehara who had an embarrassed smile on her face, followed by Shinsou who looked - frankly - like death. She usually looked somewhat of a mess, but today it was especially bad. What the hell had they been doing all day?

"Sorry, Mr. Aizawa, we've kind of lost track of time." Uehara said and quickly made her way to her desk. Shinsou didn't seem in much of a hurry as she dragged herself towards her desk. She dragged her feet, her hair was wild and looked as if it was slightly damp and her whole stature just seemed tired. Me too, Kaori, me too.

"And what is your excuse, Miss Shinsou?" Aizawa asked, once she had sat down and didn't seem too bothered about explaining herself. She looked up at him and his breath caught. Her eyes were red and puffy, skin pale. What the hell was this girl putting herself through? The look in her eyes was colder than he expected.

"Sorry, Sir, it took Uehara a few minutes to wake me up, after I've fallen asleep during lunch." she answered monotonously and looked down at her notes again. Aizawa eyed up her neck, seeing that the hickeys he'd left were still there, which made him feel a little proud. What had him concerned was that she made no effort hiding them, at least a little. And it looked like there were some new ones.

Where the hell did she get those? And when? Aizawa knew exactly he had no right to be upset about Shinsou going off with someone else, but damn it stung. Well, that one is on me, I suppose. He suddenly realized that he had been staring at Shinsou. And she had realized it, too, raising an eyebrow at him.

"You know I'll have to give you detention if you continue being late for class, right? This is the last time I'll let it slide." he said to her. She wanted to be a brat? Fine. He could work with that.

"Of course, Sir. Thank you." she replied, her voice almost sounding sarcastic. Someone was whispering near the back of the class. Aizawa saw that it was Nishiyama (who else would it be?).

"Miss Nishiyama, if you've got anything to say, please do it now, so everyone can hear it." he told her sharply. He really wasn't in the mood for any of this today. He had a headache from grading papers until the early morning and he had also run out of coffee, so he felt extra grumpy today. Fuck those girls and their constant drama. This wasn't a fucking soap opera, why couldn't they just get their shit together and move on? (Of course all of this was more directed at Nishiyama, since his soft spot for Shinsou had grown considerably, even though she was probably in much greater need to get her shit together, much more than Nishiyama ever would be.)

"Sorry, Sir." Nishiyama replied and cleared her throat. Shinsou looked a little less pissed at the entire world now and it was a genuine relief for Aizawa. He sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose.

"Fine, now that that's out of the way, we'll get back to the topic at hand. Your mock exams. What. Were. You. Thinking."

Aizawa glanced over the students, gauging their reactions. Kawano had his head buried in his hands (even though he hadn't actually done too badly), Kendo looked like she was about to be sick, Suzuki and Takei started whispering to each other in an excited and hushed tone, while Hado and Uehara looked like they were about to cry. Nishiyama sat up straight and pretended not to be fazed by what he had just said, but he could see in her eyes that she was scared shitless. Shinsou seemed unusually indifferent to all this. What was wrong with her?