49 - Aizawa

A grip that will hold

So tight and close

It was taking the students much longer to get back to the camp than anyone had expected. There was a short while where Aizawa had started to panic about them not being back yet, but Tsuchikawa had assured them that everything was fine and that the three hours had been a very optimistic estimate.

At least it gave Kaori some more time to catch up on sleep. She had been out cold pretty much since they had gotten into the car. Aizawa didn't even manage to wake her up when they had gotten there. They had let her sleep in the car for a while, but then Aizawa got worried that it was getting way too hot in the car and she might die. He wouldn't have been surprised if she had managed to die in such a dumb way.

So he got her out and had carried her all the way to the room she'd have all to herself. In the whole camp there were two big dorms and a few smaller rooms in each building. They had split up the two classes and had put the boys of each class in one room and the girls of each class in a room. Teachers and TAs got special privileges, however, so they all had a room to themselves.

He had tugged her into the small bed there. She hadn't woken up the entire time he had carried her to the house. But she was still alive, Aizawa had made sure that she was breathing and had a pulse. He wondered how little she had been sleeping the entire week. There had to be something she could do about her insomnia. From what he had seen it was worse than his own.

Aizawa wondered if he should go and check on her. The last time he had seen her more or less alive was around 1 in the afternoon and she was still fast asleep. Now it was 6 in the evening and she hadn't so much as shown her face. Maybe she did manage to die peacefully in her sleep. Aizawa really hoped she didn't because that would be a terrible amount of paperwork.

What was worrying him, too, was how long the kids were gone. It was supposed to take them 3 hours. They were already taking three times as long at this point. What if anything had happened to them? Aizawa trusted that Sosaki and Tsuchikawa had the situation under control, but he still worried. And that was giving him a headache and it was annoying him. A lot.

"Are you sure they are okay out there? They've been gone for quite a while." he said and glanced over at Sosaki.

"Oh yeah, I'm sure they're fine. Tsuchikawa would raise an alarm if anything seemed weird or out of place." she assured him. Aizawa nodded, but he still didn't feel very much at ease with that.

"Fuck, is the sun going down already?" he heard a voice from the house say. He turned back and saw Kaori standing there, the dark circles around her eyes much less defined than usual and her hair much messier than usual.

"Yup. You were out cold for a good nine hours." Aizawa told her. She rubbed her eyes and walked over to him.

"Fuck. That's a long time. Is there still dinner left? I'm starving." she replied. Aizawa suppressed a laugh.

"They haven't even made it back here yet, so don't worry. You can have dinner with the rest of them. Hopefully, they'll be here soon. If not, there might be some leftovers from lunch. Did you have a good rest at least?" he wanted to know.

"I think so. I mean, I barely remember getting on the bus in the first place and everything else is really hazy. I feel more relaxed than I have been in years, though. How have they not made it back yet? I thought they were supposed to get back in three hours?" she asked. Aizawa sighed.

"I have no idea. I really hope they didn't do anything dumb or got lost or something. It'll be a pain to explain that to the principal." he answered.