118 - Aizawa

I saw new eyes were watching me

Shouta Aizawa's hands hurt when he headed into the common area of the 1-A dorms. It really was his own fault. He shouldn't have tried to pet that cat when it was already hissing at him. But Aizawa loved cats and he just couldn't accept that maybe not every cat in the world loved him.

So he got scratched. Big deal. The problem was that it really fucking hurt. He thought he was used to it. He thought that after being stabbed, getting scratched by a cat wouldn't be that bad. But damn, was he wrong. It stung and hurt like shit. But it was what it was now. Kaori would have a field day with this.

She was already lying on the couch, her legs thrown over the armrest, lazily leafing through some papers that they were most likely supposed to be grading. He sighed. There were other people around and it kind of annoyed him that they had decided to make an appearance and act like they weren't secretly dating today. He sighed and cleared his throat. Kaori lowered the papers she was holding and smiled when she saw it was Aizawa standing there.

"Shinsou, the armrests are called armrests because they're for your arms." he said to her. She blinked and looked around the room.

"Yeah, well, these are my bottom arms. Sir." she replied. Sero, who was in the room as well, looked at her with wide eyes and then at Aizawa. He looked like he was about to flinch any second.

"You're going to break the couch." Aizawa just said. He wasn't in the mood for this. He was exhausted and his hands were all scratched up. One bratty kitten was enough for today, he didn't need Kaori to give him sass.

"Well, it's not my couch now, is it?" she just mumbled, looking back over the papers. Aizawa's eye twitched. God, she was so fucking annoying today. What the hell was wrong with her? Normally he was fine putting up with some of her sass, but right now he really wasn't in the mood for it.

"Hey, it's my couch!" Sero (thankfully) protested, his fear for the couch apparently bigger than his fear of Aizawa.

"Yeah, it's Sero's couch." Aizawa agreed. Kaori sighed and swung her legs over the armrest and placed them down onto the floor. She then gave Aizawa a grin, before grabbing her coffee cup, spilling some of it on the papers that were to be graded in the process. Aizawa took a deep breath.

"Shinsou. Focus. What is going on with you?" he growled. Sero gulped audibly and quietly moved out of the room, obviously not willing to get in-between those two. Kaori was looking up at him, scratching the back of her neck and sighing.

"I don't know, prof. Honestly, I just kind of had a bit of a low lately. Probably to do with the whole leg story. You seem unusually grumpy yourself today." she countered. Aizawa sighed again and sat down next to her.

"I know, I know. Long day. The whole Todoroki mess and all..." he muttered. Kaori's eyes fell on his hands before he could hide them. She raised an eyebrow and looked up at him, her lips curling upwards into a knowing smirk.

"Has someone been trying to befriend cats he shouldn't have been trying to befriend?" she asked with a grin.

"Shut up." Aizawa only muttered, which made Kaori laugh out loud and shake her head. She stretched her arms up into the air, before slouching back into the couch, her eyes darting back to the scratches on his arms.

"So, tell me the whole story about those." she said, gesturing with the papers in her hand, almost sending them flying.

"There isn't much of a story to it. I went to drop Todoroki off at home after everything that happened. There was a cat. I tried to pet it. The cat didn't like that. End of story." he replied. Kaori shook her head and laughed, before looking back at her papers. Aizawa glanced at the ones she had spilled coffee on. Damn it, the one that was most damaged was Bakugou's. He'd have a hissy fit about that and while Aizawa didn't mind dealing with them, it wasn't his favourite thing to do.