Chapters 4-9

FAÏZ

Arriving in front of the manor, he pushed the heavy door. The place had been built almost underground more than two centuries ago. This mansion, called, "The Seventh Earth," was the place where Faïz went when he was looking for answers to his questions. Once known throughout the world, this extravagant place with sumptuous gold moldings on the ceiling resembled a small castle. The stone stairs at the entrance gave it an old character, all mixed with refined decorations. Faïz walked to the first room at the other end of the entrance, called The White Room. He remembered his conversation on the terrace with his mother and Zoe again. Everything was clear in his mind. With a tight heart, he had to prepare for the worst now, even if he didn't want to think about it.

— "It has been a long time," exclaimed a cheerful and deep voice that broke the peaceful silence, which irritated the young man who had just arrived.

For the sake of provocation, his interlocutor continued,

— "Tick-tock, tick-tock, tick-tock."

— "Shut up," Faïz said, annoyed.

An older-looking man, tall, bald, whose eyes were hidden behind small round glasses with opaque lenses, was sitting in a vintage armchair with a glass of whisky in his hand. Julio seemed to have been waiting for this moment, when Faïz would return to the manor. He took his place in a seat in front of him.

— "The Maestro and his dog are at the gates of our world. We are now sure that confrontation is inevitable in the coming weeks. How much time do we have, Julio?"

— "Before the war between you and him breaks out? Two months, maybe three at most. That's what the Callis tells us, if we follow the prophecy."

Hearing these words, Faïz's eyes closed.

— "You have to find that damn tomb as soon as possible. Zoe is the key and you know it. You have to bring her here so she can decipher the scriptures of the Holy Book."

Julio sipped the last of his drink. He now looked worried. Faïz sat at the back of his armchair and looked up at the ceiling. He imagined Zoe's magnificent face, her eyes, but also each of her perfect curves. His arrogant character seemed so fragile to him when he was near her...

— "You're going to have to team up with your ' Alma Gemela.' I hope you're ready?" Julio asked him.

— "Actually, I don't know yet," replied Faïz in a painful whisper, "I don't want to lose her."

— "Don't worry in advance. Each of us has a role to play. You and your fellows must save the human race. To do this, you need as much information as possible."

Julio was the guardian of this sanctuary, or more precisely, a Sylph, carefully protecting the Callis, who had been here for eighteen years. From then on, this elf's task had been to bring up the darkest archives into the light of day, archives that were thought to have been forgotten forever.