Headhunters-Final

Later, they found that all the wax sculptures were destroyed, and that the Pine twins were more or less alright. Mabel's leg had been treated, but she still had to rely on her brother for support. Things soon took a rough turn, when the police arrived. Will feared that Bill would be facing permanent imprisonment. But, Dipper quickly explained what had happened, and surprisingly, the cops believed it! The museum staff even apologized, and noted that they forgotten to do their manual check if some of the museum artifacts were cursed, giving the sense that this was a normal occurrence for them in this town.

After that, Bill was off the hook, and the group was walking on the pavement, as nighttime neared. On the way home, Dipper and Mabel did their best to explain the Kill situation to the Cipher brothers.

"So, that guy was our brother," Bill reflected, seeming as though a bitter taste was in his mouth.

"Unfortunately," Dipper murmured in agreement. "And this time, it looks like he's hellbent on resurrecting the old Bill."

"So, it's true?" Will breathed. "We use to be Demons, and Bill destroyed your home?"

The Guardians nodded gingerly, and the boy turned towards his brother. "And, you knew about this, Bill?"

"Yes," The blond answered, hesitantly. "But, would you have believed me if I told you?"

"No," Will admitted. But, the least you could do was try to tell me, He thought, sorrowfully.

Bill placed a hand on his brother's shoulder. "To be honest, I didn't completely believe it either, until I saw that Kill guy, then it opened my eyes."

Will shuddered at the memory of the Red Demon. "Does this mean he'll be hunting us down from now on?"

"We won't let that happen," Wendy promised. "I'll protect you with my life if I have to."

"And Kill may be violent, but he ain't usually the sharpest tool in the shed," Mabel remarked. "Which is a wonder why Dipper went out with him."

"Tell me about it," Wendy agreed.

"Really, after how he acted?" Will chided.

Dipper narrowed his eyes at his sister, while she giggled. "Mabel!"

"Only trying to lighten the mood," She insisted to him.

Bill moved closer to Dipper, and smirked. "First Wendy, now Kill? Someone's into redheads," He snickered, softly.

The Guardian shot him a well earned death glare.

"Though, in Dipper's defense," Mabel continued. "Kill wasn't even his first choice, it was--" Then, her brother kicked her. "Ow!"

"That's enough sharing for tonight," He stated, sternly. "For the time being, we need to consult with Fiddleford about Kill and our fading powers."

Mabel nodded quickly, seeming to have forgotten about the past topic. "You're right, especially about the powers. I couldn't even cast a simple fire spell, without feeling exhausted."

"I thought you said it was a powerful spell?" Will reminded.

She shrugged. "I only said that, so you wouldn't worry about me."

"I'm more worried than ever," He responded, truthfully. "Does this mean you guys could be losing your powers?"

Dipper sighed. "We don't know, yet. Hopefully, we can find a way to fix this, before Kill returns."