Irrational Treasure-Part One

The Cipher twins stood in confusion.

"Red, mind telling me what's going on?" Bill asked.

Wendy grinned in his direction. "Like what you see?"

"How can I, when I don't even know what I'm seeing?"

A few minutes ago, Wendy had dragged the brothers into town, where they came across a surprising sight. They seemed to have gone back in time, since Zero Gravity Town looked way more old timey. Everyone were dressed in odd uniforms, a few even dressed as Guardians. Barrels, stands, and carriages filled the streets.

"It's Pioneer Day!" She announced, joyfully. "A day celebrating when this town was first founded."

"So, what's with the cosplayers?" Bill asked, pointing to a little girl dressed as Wendy.

"This is also an important day for Guardians, which is a plus for me, since I don't have to wear my disguise, everyone will think I'm wearing a costume."

"Welcome to 1863!" Toby Determined exclaimed, before passing them.

Bill grimaced. "I dunno, something about these yahoos dressing up like lunatics seems weird."

"Bill, this is our home," Will told him. "The least we can do is embrace the weirdness."

"And that's exactly what I'm planning to do," Wendy said, before turning away. "If you need me, I'll be squeezing a maple tree to produce fresh syrup."

"And you're just going to leave us in the midst of this ridiculousness?" Bill snapped.

"And you're going to enjoy it!" She called back, before disappearing amongst the crowd.

Bill was about to complain, but then Will tugged on his arm. Eventually, the blond decided to pause his whining for now, and follow his brother through town. After a while, they came across a huge stage, where people was starting to huddle. Curious, the twins pushed forward, until they were almost in the front of the crowd.

Will looked at the stage incredulously. "I wonder what's happening here?"

Before Bill could reply, someone bumped into his side. He was about to scold the one responsible, when he paused. Standing behind him, was Dipper. Not one of those cosplayers, but the real thing. The brunette looked down at him, and a ghost of a smile tugged on his mouth.

"Hey, Bill," He greeted, placing a hand on the boy's head.

Bill flushed, and prepared to snap at him, when another form barreled into him. He was lifted off his feet, when Mabel gripped him into a large embrace.

"I was hoping to see you two here!" She exclaimed.

"Shooting Star, put me down!" Bill scolded, struggling in her grip.

She obliged, and placed him back on the ground. Bill grumbled under his breath, Dipper chuckled at him.

"Are you here to celebrate too?" Will asked the Guardians.

Mabel nodded eagerly. "Of course, the candle dipping, the outfits, the legally marrying woodpeckers."

"What was that last part?" Bill questioned.

She didn't answer, instead, she smiled towards the stage. "Ooh! It's starting!"

Before either of the brothers could ask what was happening, Mayor Soos suddenly appeared on the stage wearing a pioneer hat. He cleared his throat, and gave the crowd a friendly look.

"Here-yee here-yee! Ye olde commencement ceremony has commenced!" He announced, gleefully. "Introducing: the Goddess of Beauty and Riches!"

"Pacifica?" Mabel breathed.