Irrational Treasure-Part Two

Mabel and Bill arrived shortly at the libary. They huddled around some books, that involved matching symbols in the document Bill found.

"OK, what do we have here?" Bill muttered, scanning the books. "Words, words, more words. Ugh, for once, I wished we had Pine Tree's nerdiness to help us out."

"Don't worry, I got your back," Mabel assured, while holding a book upsidedown.

Bill decided not to say anything, and continued looking through ancient parchments. He paused, when he saw the same triangle shape in the book, like one in the document.

"It says here that the triangle is an alchemist symbol for flame," Bill said, then took out a lighter. "Welp, guess I'm burning this place to the ground. Mabel, hand over--"

He paused, when he saw she had folded the document into a paper hat.

"Look, I made a hat!" She smiled proudly, pointing at her creation. "Wait, that's not helpful. Shoot!"

Bill stared. "Mabel...you folded it into a map!"

"Huh?" Mabel gasped, and took off the hat to examine it. "You're right!"

The blond's gaze darted to the lighter in his hand. "Is burning it still an option?"

"Bill, no."

"Fine," He grumbled, a little disappointed.

Mabel looked at the map in calculation. "It seems to be leading to the museum."

"You should head there right now--"

"Excuse me, we're looking for a kid and lady."

Both froze, and turned to see Officer Blubs and Deputy Durland at the entrance, talking to a worker.

"They couldn't be talking about us," Mabel said, in a low voice.

"And to be clear, the kid has blond hair and the devil's smile," Officer Blubs said.

"Nah, I'm pretty sure that's me," Bill whispered back.

The worker pointed to the back of the libary, where the two resided. Quickly, Mabel and Bill made a dash behind a nearby shelf, hiding away from the approaching cops.

"What do they want us for?" Mabel questioned, in confusion.

Bill squinted suspiciously at the officers. "Whatever it is, I don't wanna find out. Come on."

Then, as quietly as possible, the two left the libary, heading to their next destination.

❇❇❇

Meanwhile, Will and Dipper were running around town, trying to find the missing llama.

"Lavender!" Will called, helplessly. "Aw, man. Dipper, you think Pacifica would be really upset or--"

"She will literally tear out the earth's core."

Will gulped. "Alright....LAVENDER!"

The two kept up their relentless searching, until they entered the town's center, and halted upon seeing the animal standing beside the fountain. However, she wasn't alone. Lavender had a leash around her neck, and holding the end of the leash was a boy with white hair.

Gideon, Will thought, in shock.

He still recalled their last meeting, and already felt the chill from those cold blue eyes. But strangely, Will didn't hate Gideon, even after all he did. However, there was no chance that their friendship will be rekindled, but Will never saw the other boy as the enemy. Still, bile rose in his stomach at the thought of talking to Gideon again.