Jurrassic Buck-Part Two

Later that day, the Mystery Shack was open for business, and Bill was occupied with sweeping the floor. Nearby, Stan was showing a bunch tourists around, before stopping at their final exhibit, which was covered by a sheet.

"We're reaching our last exhibit," Stan said, clutching the sheet. "I present to you, a unicorn made of corn! The Corn..ni-corn? I dunno, I'm tired."

The Day Guardian removed the sheet, and the result were a collection of gasps. The exhibit was now just a bunch of broken wires, and pieces of corn.

"What happened!?" Stan exclaimed.

Crunch!

The Guardian whirled around, to see Gompers surrounded by half eaten corns, and he was currently chewing on one now. Behind Stan, the tourists muttered angrily.

"This is a ripoff!" A woman scoffed. "Kids, we're leaving."

Her kids dropped their merchandise, and followed their mother out. It didn't take long, before the rest of the group left too. Stan stared in dismay, then turned sharply towards Bill.

"What the hay, Blondie?" Stan snapped. "This goat of yours ruined my homemade scams! Can't you take him outside?"

Bill shrugged, and put down the broom. "Trust me, I wish I can. But, I promised Will I wouldn't."

Stan rolled his eyes. "C'mon, 5 minutes without this goat is all I ask."

"Will insisted there are predators outside."

"That's just the natural order," Stan dismissed. "It's not our fault the goat is potentially delicious."

Bill narrowed his eyes at him, and Stan sighed.

"Look, he'll only be a foot away from the shack, and we'll put him on a leash so he doesn't wonder off."

The blond rubbed the back his neck, then turned to Gompers thoughtfully. The goat looked up from the corn, and stared intensely at Bill. The blond shivered, then turned back to Stan.

"OK, let's do it."

❇❇❇

Wendy, the Pine twins, and Will were halfway through the woods. They eventually paused before a bunch of trees, which were suspiciously covered in sap.

"This is where my friends last saw that thing," Wendy explained, gesturing to their surroundings. "Though, there seems to be no traces of it left behind."

"Maybe, it's invisible," Mabel beamed. "I say we pull out the glitter attack."

"You mean the attack that almost blinded me?" Dipper remarked.

"That's what you get for touching my leftovers, bro-bro."

"There's such a thing called a name tag," The male brunette argued.

"Quiet down, kids," Wendy sighed, then said. "I say we split up into teams, and search for any clues. Mabel can go with me, and Will can go with Dipper."

They nodded, and broke off into their selected pairs. While Mabel and Wendy looked somewhere else, Dipper and Will reached a spot under the trees. Will suddenly tripped over a jutted root in the ground, and planted a hand on a tree for support. However, when he tried to pull his hand back, it wouldn't budge. Will was distressed, to see he was stuck in a lump of sap growing on the trunk of the tree. He began to panic, but then Dipper came to his rescue.

"Hold still," Dipper instructed, unsheathing his sword.

Will felt a surge of fear, but closed his eyes, and did what the Guardian said. Dipper swiftly carved through the hardened sap  with his blade, before it crumbled, releasing Will's hand. The boy opened his eyes, and sighed in relief at his freed hand.