Will vs Manliness-Final

Will sped through the forest, in the direction of the highest point of the mountain. Every once in a while, a surge of fear appeared in his veins, but he ignored it.

That was, until a form leaped into his path, causing him to halt abruptly. Will crashed into the mysterious figure, and when they both toppled to the ground, it was revealed to be Wendy.

"What are you doing here?" Will asked, surprised.

Wendy stood up, and shot him a stern look. "Stopping you from making the biggest mistake of your life."

The boy blinked, then shook his head. He tightened his grip on the spear, and tried to walk pass the redhead. "I don't know what you mean."

She narrowed her eyes. "Don't try to lie to me, I've been watching you, and I know you've been hanging out with those hairy buff morons."

"The Manotaurs have been nothing but helpful," Will shot back, turning to face her. "And, at least they didn't make fun of me..."

Wendy's expression softened. "Will, I'm sorry about what happened back in the diner, but killing an innocent creature won't make you a man."

Will gripped the spear tighter. "It's not about being a man!" He snapped. "I just...hate being weak all the time."

The redhead knelt down, and looked him in the eyes. "Will, you may be paranoid, but that's just makes you one of the bravest kids out there, because even though you're scared, you still jump headfirst into danger like it's nothing."

"If that's so..." He started, softly. Will slowly turned away, facing the mountain in the distance. "I might as while prove it."

Wendy's eyes widened. "Will, please--"

"Don't follow me," Will told her, then bolted off down the path.

He felt bad for leaving Wendy behind, but he told himself that this will all be worth it in the end. So, he continued down the path towards the mountain, and his so called destiny.

❇❇❇

"Hello?" Will called, his voice echoed against the stone walls.

He had entered the cave a while ago, and was now venturing deeper into it. So far, he hadn't caught any signs of this Multi-Bear.

Does it even exist?, Will questioned.

He got his answer a second later.

As a something stirred at the end of the cave, it was the size of a boulder. With his heart rate increasing, Will shakily rose his spear and stepped forward. As he did, the creature rose slowly, and stepped into the light. He took in the sight in complete terror. The Multi-Bear was huge! And like it's name implied, it had multiple heads, with snarling jaws filled with rows of teeth.

It towered over Will by several feet, and the main head glared at him. "Why have you come here, human?" It growled.

Will forced himself from shaking, and stood as tall as he could against the monster before him. "I'm here for your head... Or, at least one of them."

"Don't be foolish," The head spat. "Leave here, or die."

He took a breath, and rose his spear determinedly. As result, all the bear heads bared their teeth in aggression.

"Very well," It growled, before charging forward.

Will narrowly dodged a slash from it's claws, and rolled across the hard ground, before making a stop by a cave wall. The Multi-Bear stopped by a pile of bones, and swiped them in his direction. The bones clattered against his skin, making him cry out in pain. But, he quickly avoided the rest of the attack, by hiding behind a rock. Will heard a loud roar, and saw the beast charging at him again. After a moment of hesitance, Will jumped out from his hiding place with a warrior yell. As the Multi-Bear tried to pounce on him, he managed to jump on one of it's heads. He dodged the snapping jaws, until he finally reached the top. Then, he used his spear to choke the main head. It roared in outrage, trying to knock him off with his paws, but it had failed in the end. It collapsed to ground with a heavy thud, and Will stood on it's chest triumphantly.