Headhunters-Part Three

Wendy's POV:

She sat on the porch, gazing at the sky absentmindedly. Her thoughts filled with worry for the Cipher twins. Wendy wondered what was taking Will so long, and even considered going to find him, but she thought against it. The boy needed to time to think.

She huffed, and hugged her knees to her chest. The first time she actually had real companions in the mortal realm, and this happened. It pained her that she was hopeless in this situation, unable to help. Will and Bill were her best friends apart from Dipper and Mabel.

Speaking of which.

"Wendy!"

The redhead perked up, and saw the Pines twins rushing towards her. She jumped to her feet, and approached them quickly with a smile. Wendy paused, once noticing the looks of dismay on their faces.

"Is something wrong?" She asked.

Dipper nodded frantically. "Yes, and it involves the Cipher brothers."

Wendy's eyes widened. "What? I don't understand--"

"We can explain everything," Mabel told her. "But, you're not gonna like it."

She knitted her brow suspiciously. "What is it?"

Dipper was the one to answer. "After our ran in with the lake monster, we went to find Fiddleford a new home. On the way, I was attacked."

"By who?" Wendy gasped.

"Bill's brother."

She tilted her head. "Will?"

"No," Mabel told her, her eyes darkened. "Kill Cipher."

Wendy's whole body chilled upon hearing that name again. The Ciphers use to be a violent bunch, but non was more merciless than the Red Demon himself.

"I thought he was banished," Wendy breathed. "Along with her!"

"It seems he has returned," Dipper said, seriously. "And he's after Bill."

She rubbed her temples furiously. "Why did it have to be Kill? He's ruthless."

"Plus, he's annoying," Mabel groaned. "Before the war, Dipper only kept him around because the two were dating or whatever."

"We never dated!" Dipper remarked, turning red.

Mabel looked at him with an exasperated look. "Oh, so sneaking around under our uncles' radar was you two being accomplices and not making out?"

Dipper growled under his breath. "Mabel, this is not the time for jokes!" He snapped, then turned towards the other Guardian. "You have to tell us where the twins are, so we can warn them."

Wendy opened her mouth to answer, when she realized something. "Will..."

The Pine twins looked at her worryingly, then their eyes widened in surprise, when she bolted past them.

"Where are you going?" Dipper called after her.

"Will's alone!" She responded, increasing her speed.

That was all she needed to say, and then they quickly followed her without a moment of hesitation

                                                   ❇❇❇

Will's POV:

He followed K.C into a dark room.

Before him, was a long table, with glowing screens from left to right. The screens showed almost every area in the museum.