Breakfast

Eden PoV

Hours must have passed because when I opened my eyes I was in the bed at the cabin.

Bright rays of light streamed in through the gap in the curtains and a mouthwatering smell of bacon drifted under the door.

I sat up and stretched my arms, smiling as my babies kicked at my skin as if to let me know they too had awaken.

"You sure are two strong little pups huh?" They felt healthy too, almost ready to join us in the world.

My hand splayed out over my belly but could no longer cover the entirety of my bump.

"I see sleeping beauty finally woke up" Blake had quietly entered the room, watching me as he lent against the wall.

"Hey come here, the babies are kicking me like mad" although it was true that I wanted him to share this experience, but I also yearned to have him closer to me

"Hey come here, the babies are kicking me like mad" although it was true that I wanted him to share this experience, but I also yearned to have him closer to me. I had always wanted my mates close to me but after the experience we shared last night, our bond had intensified even more.

I could practically feel it humming in the air between us and it made goosebumps spring up across my skin.

"Oh wow that is quite a kick they've got isn't it?" Blake chuckled grinning like a proud father as I pressed him hand against my skin.

Soft fireworks rushed across my body at the gentle contact between us.

"Blake" I breathed out finding his close proximity almost too much and yet not enough all at the same time.

"Come here baby" he cupped my chin and tilted it to the angle he wanted before leaning into me.

Blakes lips brushed over mine before he pulled away with a smirk.

"As much as I want to ravish you, Jace and Logan have been cooking up a feast downstairs. I don't think they'd be very happy if I didn't return with you" Blake sighed resting his forehead against mine and tracing my face with his fingertips like he was memorising every bit of it.

"Logan seriously gets into the whole cooking thing. He used to get up before dawn on me and Sawyer birthdays. He would always create the most incredible celebration banquets for just the three of us" I could still see the most elaborate birthday cakes that he'd whip up that were covered in icing, candy or the ripest fruits he could find.

My parents never made must effort to celebrate our birthdays. I should have realised back then what a huge burden I was to them, but I think I was so desperate for a happy family that I denied it.

"Hey where'd you just go?" Blake's concerned tone brought me back to the present and I plastered on a soft smile.

"I'm sorry I was just picturing Logan bossing Jace around in the kitchen" It wasn't exactly a lie. I knew full well that was exactly what had happened, poor Jace!